Chapter 3, A Memorable Memorial

This was it. It was Friday, and I was now about to step into the gymnasium for Craig Tucker's memorial. Compared to the rest of the school, the gym was exposed and vibrant. Not what you'd exactly imagine to be as the setting of a memorial. Though regardless to the colors or brightness of the room, It carried a heavy air that circulated through out every corner and crevice of the gym, dulling all the colors and making the world feel a bit darker. I could feel it. I felt unwelcome. I didn't know him like these people and I Shouldn't be here. I'll just add my letter to the table and be on my way.

I stepped up to the center table. A picture of Craig sat up in the middle of the abundant flowers. What a handsome guy. I nervously twiddled a small strand of hair through my fingers as I looked down at the note.  I didn't even know him, but for some reason, it hurt my heart so much. I can still feel his hand; it was warm and I could swear I felt his pulse beating so strong that it shook all the way down to his fingertips. Or was that mine? Weird. As I stood in front of the table, I bit my lip. Finally I rested my shaky wrist on the table and dropped the letter near a large candle that sat beside Craig's picture. Upon dropping it, I retrieved my hand from the table and back to my side. Letting it fall limp.

I think after looking at my letter sitting beside the picture of Craig, that was probably the first time in a long time I had completely went calm. No shaking, No nothing. I sighed softly, closing my eyes, and mumbled as quietly as possible,

"I'm sorry.."

Immediately after, my lips shut tightly. I felt it. A strong breeze blew past me and into my face. My eyes widened. That's when I watched as a sturdy standing candle fell to its side.

Oh god.

The candle was lit, and happened to be the same one I sat my note next to. The flame caught the note on fire. The fire began spreading to the paper table covering.

"Oh god."  I shook violently as my eyes widened.

I was frozen. I began to pull at my hair and freak out more by the second. Because oh Jesus, have I fucked up this time. I stood shaking in place as more and more people noticed the rising fire and me standing in front of it. Many began to freak out as well. People began to yell. I began to yell any cuss word on my mind that slipped down and out of my mouth, most of them being directed towards myself. I stood shaking stiffly as the flame began to heat my face.

Yet the strangest thing was the shape; it made it so. . Beautiful. Soon a dark skinned kid about my age rush through with a small fire extinguisher, putting out the once growing flame on the table. Once the smoke cleared, I took a good look at the table. My note was burnt down to ashes, nothing else.
Nothing else was burned.
Nothing.

I was still in complete utter shock. But before I could focus my mind onto what had just happened, I was being yelled at by the same kid who banished the flame.

"What the HELL did you do?!?"

"I- I'm so-"

"Sorry? Are you serious?! This is suppose to be a gathering to remember Craig. Now you've ruined it asshole!"

I watched in complete silence with my mouth hung open as he continued to yell. A brown headed boy tried to go up behind him and pull him away. He shoved him off as quickly as he came, I believe he called him Clyde. That's when I felt tears start to well up in my eyes. Please don't cry. Please don't cry. By this point I was on my knees. As the first tear slipped down, I saw a dark figure fall over me. A shadow? Ah.. it was Cartman and his friends.

"Come on Token, don't be such an ass. Twitch is an idiot, sure, but he didn't even touch the candle." Cartman defended me in between bites of his candy bar.