Chapter 6, Wandering Hands

We never broke eye contact.

"But we can just call this a pledge."

I felt his smallest finger unwind with mine, and soon that same pledge-tying pinky was at the base of my chin. His fingers hovered on my jaw; and my mouth agape as I tried to process what was going on in this confusing movie. Have they invented the pause button for in-real-life scenes yet?

At that moment, something very predictable happened.

The door burst open, and in my head I played this out to be so very dramatic. It wasn't though. Not one bit. There my father stood, holding his arm out steadily from where he had used it to slam open my door. The same one that crashed into the wall and made a loud bang. I twitched, pulling my whole body with the small motion. My dad stood in place with a silent voice and furrowed brows.

"Tweek!" He finally spoke. I let out a small squeak which was accompanied quit nicely with a flinch. He must have stared at Craig and I- who were frozen like criminals caught in the act -for at least a dead thirty seconds. I responded.

"Ahh- y-yes, Dad?"

A long (very awkward) pause. Craig's fingers were still placed on my chin keeping my head in a position where he could control my direction. While waiting for my staring father to respond I glanced over at Craig.  He was looking at the door frame with dead eyes and a dissapointed look painted over his face. His once determined eyes were now annoyed. What was he planning on doing anyways? As I thought, he had no shame.

"You alright up here?" My father finally asked in a very suspicious tone, and I defiantly didn't miss the glance he made to Craig. I ignored the demanding, spoiled rotten fingers that had taken captive of me, and pulled my chin out of Craig's grip to turn my head and look at my father with a confused glare.

"U-uh, yeah." I questioned my own answer. He saw Craig right? Was he really pretending that a complete stranger to him wasn't in the room and being hands-y with his son's face? Oh Jesus this is weird, was I going mad?

"Good. It's four in the morning, try to be more quiet." He said in a gentle voice as he began to shut the door. I shook and twitched per-usual as I watched the moving door; noticing that before it could reach a complete seal, my father had reopened it to peep his head in.

"Tweek?.." He asked calmly. I twitched in response and let out an uneven voice.

"Gah- Yes, Dad?"

"..You see that boy beside you too, right?"

"Y-yes, Dad."

"...Is he a burglar?"

"No, Dad."

"Rapist?" He asked with a raise of his brows, still gently holding onto the door with his head peeking in.

I looked at Craig and examined him up and down with a shiver here and there. Craig frowned at how suspicious I was acting in response to my father's last question.

"N-no I don't think so, Dad."

"Well alright." My Father reacted, pulling his head out while proceeding to click the door shut.