Chapter 4, What? How? When!?

"This can't be happening right now."  I laughed nervously while propping myself up on my arms.  "There is ab- absolutely no way!" I screeched, shaking all over.

"Listen-" he demanded, in a soft, scratchy voice.  "I literally know.. well- probably less then you do. All I know is that I'm suppose to be dead, and  if I try to leave your side, it's real damn painful, so I'm gonna have to stick around."

"I'm gonna pass out."

He continued, "Every since I came back during the memorial, I've been different."

I let a gag noise escape my mouth in panic as my eyes rolled back into my head almost comedically.

"Why the hell are you gagging?!" He looked as if he had seen the oddest thing in the world

"Why the hell are you talking?! You're dead!"

I bit my lip while looking at Craig, who was glaring at me from his spot on the floor, and I glared back.

"What?" I asked, raising my brows in anger and tightening my lips.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit out of focus.." He said with a straight face after snapping his expression out of the glare. I watched as he huffed into his hands, bringing them up into his hair and rubbing it around like an ashamed mutt.

I stood still, shocked. This kid had just told me that an obvious, soul boring; orphan killing; fire starting glare was, in reality, just the result of his 'thinking face'.  I shuttered my legs in anticipation.

Speak of the devil; he was 'thinking' again.

"H-hey" I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

An uneasiness settled into my stomach, and I wondered why.  His boring eyes I had now realized were locked to me.  The silence of the room bringing a wretched feeling to my stomach as he continued to sit still, eyes wide on mine. Tears nearly formed on my waterline as the room began to grow hotter.

His eyes slowly morphed from an ocean blue, to a crimson red.  I stuttered so many noises, but not even once did I manage to fully constructed a word. Before I knew it, red eyes had gotten closer, and I was soon being engulfed by them.  His hands brought up to my shoulders and held me in place, as his knee stood sturdy between my legs, putting him in a dominating position. 

Never in my life had I been in such a terrifying situation; and it only got worse.  Craig's strong jaw ground together, as if he was barricading an army behind his teeth.  I looking into his fabricated orbs, looking for any trace of blue left behind. 

Just one speckle of blue. 

Nothing. 

Craig closed in, his mouth connecting to the sensitive skin of my neck.  I winced, baring my teeth as if an excruciating agony had filled all five of my senses. 

This felt wrong. 

The pit in my stomach growing to a gaping size as I felt blood rise beneath the surface of my skin. 

"Red." I muttered, as I remember the colors of his eyes, only now comprehending it.

Then it happened, the air suddenly lifted of a suffocation I didn't even realize it sported, and I saw his eyes morph to that beautiful ocean shade they was before, widening in the process.

He moved his hands off of me and brought his forearm to his mouth to wipe off the saliva string that was still attached to my now red neck. After doing so, his eyes looked me over. I was still sitting up on my arms, shaking violently as if they would collapse beneath me. And just as I had predicted, they did.  I lied flat on the floor.  Then I had realized just how scared I had truly been.  Mortified was a better word.  And the most twisted, disgusting part of it all,

was that I liked the feeling.

He mumbled, breath taken away. "I don't really know what came over me, it felt like I just- God."

I sat up quickly, and angrily stood to my feet, causing Craig to back up a bit. I walked myself right out of my room, and into the bathroom with a swift pace, slamming my door shut behind me and locking it.

My breath hitched as I faced away and my back slid against the scratchy surface, slightly tugging up the back of my shirt the farther I went down into the floor.

Three loud simultaneous knocks came from the other side. I felt the vibration travel through the door and to my back.

"Ah- g-go away. I've decided I d-don't want a g-ghost- demon.. thing." I stuttered the last part

"Shit, Tweek, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. Can't we just, uh.. start over? Ya'know, try to be friends, maybe pretend I didn't give you a big-ass hickey?"

I didn't respond.

As the silence dragged on, I felt a small thump on the other side of the door where my shoulders would be.
"Please." He pleaded leniently.

"Y-you know, when we first met, and I bumped into you, I was sure you was gonna beat the crap out of me." I leaned my head back, huffing. "and then I saw your eyes, and I thought to myself, 'fucking blue.' I decided that you had a lot more to you than I'd never get to know."

I choked on my words a bit, trying to hold back letting out a random scream to accompany my already high pitched and unsteady voice. I continued speaking to my unseen audience.

"I don't even know you." I said sadly, shaking my head to the rhythm of my own heart beat.

"You know my name."

I nervously chuckled,
"Names have no power over person."

A silence washed over the room like a wave.

Slowly, I rose to my feet and opened the door with a creak.

Craig was revealed on the other side, his head that held his blue hat was tilted downwards, and his knees buckled in a sitting position. He was kneeled down in front of me, eyes slowly sliding up over my frame.

"I can show you then - who I am."
He slurred with a bite to his words, still washing his eyes over mine like a tsunami.

Then he took my hand, the hand I hadn't even realized I was holding out for him, and arose to his feet. I watched his eyes shudder as if in a trance.

Some people say that certain people in this world can't show how they feel on their face. So they show it in their eyes. I liked that idea. It's like even though someone can't show sadness, happiness, or even love by their facial expression, they have their own ways to do things. Did that make since? Did I ever?
Anyways, I think in this situation, if I was me (which I am) then I would turn my back to Craig.

But I think just for now, I can try to be a different me.

I let my grip on Craig's hand drift away.
"Deal."

That moment is the moment I saw the theory put into real life. I'm in Craig's eyes, every bit of me, and the eyes that held my reflection lit up. If someone could smile really really big with their eyes. I think that's what it would look like.

"In our meantime, would you mind helping me figure out what the hell I am? Cause I've got no damn clue."

I smiled. I did? I did. Have I ever mentioned how congested yet sweet his voice sounds.

The times I tried not to smile built up the more we spoke.

Remember that time I wrote about every alternate reality probably had me saving Craig Tucker in it?

I think this one does too.