Chapter 9, One Bed, Four Legs

Here we are.  I was alone in my room, waiting for a certain demon to return from a place you wouldn't think a hot to-the-touch, soul-sucking incubi would have to go to.  The bathroom.  It could just about be classified as a lonely feeling anytime that Craig left the room.  I was going mad, wasn't I?  I could tell it. My parents still hadn't come to check up on me, which was odd for them. My guess is they're still processing. It had been a few good hours since, but I was still processing myself; and he's my demon.

He had left for two minutes maximum, and my room was back to being dead silent, and when it wasn't?  Well in that case, I was listening to every microscopic groan in my walls, and every light tap to the murky glass on my rain drop consumed window.  When did it rain? Monsters tend to burrow into my walls and create these 'house settling noises'. I guess Craig distracted me from those things in the time that he had been here, which despite being not even two days time, felt like a year. . Strange. 

I felt the atmosphere around me become frigid.  I was being wrapped in a blanket of icy air.  Ah, Craig was back. I had picked up the somewhat useful conclusion that it became at least ten degrees colder when Craig made an appearance.  I watched as the man walked through my now opened door and rubbed his chest as if trying to remove something on it.

"a-ah, Craig, you're back?"  As I let these words run from my mouth, I became tense; and even without telling my brain to shift any limbs, I slowly pulled my knees up to my chest as I spoke.  My indiscreet arms wrapped themselves around my knees and laced a bad knot with my meeting fingers.  It was like receiving horrid whiplash from the universe itself.  I was perplexed.  One moment he'd make me shift in place and become eat away by anxiety like rust, then the next. . . well, I'd feel safe. 

He had to be the most dangerous living creature that I could ever be jumped by, but somehow knowing this just makes a teenager (or rather a 'kid', as mom calls all 16 year olds.) get to thinking: 'If this is as bad as they get, then maybe I'll survive.'  I don't think I've ever thought positive like that before, but regardless, the past few hours that I've been around him, those kind of outlandish thoughts tap at the back of my spinning mind.

"Yep."  Craig let out plainly.  He had already passed me and hurdled himself onto my bed, but I had been too busy mentally writing down every notion and action in my brain from the last two hours to notice him.  I had thoughts from two years ago rolling through my brain.  Third grade: Brendon Poss called me 'Twitchy-Bitchy'.  I remember these things so clearly, and I'd never forget how much I despise myself because of it.  When I become the hero of my story, I'll make my mark on the people who wronged me; but Craig hadn't yet wronged me.  Why was I mentally writing our moments down again?  I forgot- if I ever knew at all.

I felt a feathery hit to my upper back.  I shivered and arched my back as if I had been stabbed.  "AHH!-"  It was embarrassing how much I was terrified of the least scariest things in this world.  I can sit idle by as a sex-thirsty demon is on my bed, but god forbid a light hit to my back from a fluffy pillow. I picked up the pillow that had landed beside my thigh after the impact, and strapped my gaze to Craig- who was on the bed behind me -with an evil glare.
"Gah! W-what?!"  I squealed in a creaking pitch.

"Get on the bed."  Craig huffed with a sour face, and his arm still stretched in a throwing position.

"What?! No!"

"Lets go to bed.  Come on."

"No!"  I repeated.

"No." He mocked.  This made me frown.  That frown quickly turned into a scowl after a moment or two of looking at his expressionless face; and momentarily, his expressionless eyes.  He was so dysfunctional. . . I was as well.

"Agh- why can't you sleep in the floor?!"  I tugged a lock of my hair, and was shocked to see a single strand of hair had stuck with my finger.  Jesus Christ, I'm going to go bald.

"I just want to sleep with you."

I readjusted my attitude, but it was only in the moment. I'd scream, yell, and freak out tomorrow. I was tired. I'd been up for two days straight.

"Why?" I raised my eyebrows, I had been dumb-struck at the fact that this guy wanting to be in the same bed as me was in the realm of possibility.  Let alone a bed that could hardily fit just one of me.  It probably couldn't even fit one Craig.

"I told you before, Tweek.  The closer I am to you, the more comfortable I feel in my own skin."  His nasal voice was spread evenly.

"T-that's gay."  It was true.

"No homo."  He spouted without hesitation.

"You gave me a hickey!"  I shakily pulled at the collar to the T-shirt I had originally planned to wear to bed.

He rolled his eyes.  If I looked that attractive while being an asshole, I'd one-hundred-percent do it, no question.

"You let me give you a hickey."  That was also true.  I twitched as a response.

I knew he had won.  He knew he had won.  I smiled as he remained silent while accepting his victory.  He extended his hand to me, making the bed lightly creak from the movement, I quietly accepted my defeat without another word as well.

I grabbed his hand; it was almost an invitation for him to yank me onto the bed like a rag-doll.  He did.  We were now unnecessarily crammed onto my bed.  Just as I had thought, it was way too small for two straight guys.  So as usual, my body went against my strongly desired wishes when faced with the fear of falling onto the floor; I wiggled my butt backwards and mentally screamed after realizing I had hit Craig.  I stopped in my tracks with wide eyes.  I am almost positive I had been transported into a cheaply made porno.  I was shaking obnoxiously just for that reason, or maybe it was the result of feeling Craig's hot breath slide across my neck skin.  He repositioned himself as he straddled my legs with his own; throwing his arm over me.  I was just waiting for him to pounce.  He was a cat hunting his pray, he had been this way for the past few hours.  After moments of dead silence, I realized with his unsteady breathing that he was restraining himself.

He was truly thoughtful, I thanked him in my head, because lord forbid I do it in real life through my own uneasy voice.  The one in my mind was much softer.  Much more stable.

If he was really a cat, I'm sure he'd be pouncing in this moment.  With a glance around the room, I noticed the stars out of my window had filled the sky more then I had seen in years.  I wonder if it was a phenomenon that could have been predicted, or an unexpected moment given to me as a gift from the universe.

A welcome present.

What door did I just hear click open?  It sounded real, but looking around I decided to put it off as a figment of my imagination.  I grasped my fingers onto Craig's arm.

My eyelids heaved weights that seemed impossible to lift.

I felt Craig's chest sink deeper into my figure. His breathing becoming more lengthy, which I took as a sign that he was almost asleep. I was wide awake.

The stars twinkling.  Craig's exhausted breaths hitting my neck.  His legs latched onto mine like hungry snakes.

These are the last things I remember of this night.