Chapter 25, Best Friend

"So, spill it Tweek, what gave you the sudden change of heart? Suddenly telling your mom my real name out of no where like that."  Craig asked quietly as he followed me, trotting up the stairs to the second floor.

"Shut up."  I called out to him behind me.
"I'm serious."
"I'm serious too, Craig."  I sneered at him.

"Clearly you are serious if you're planning on telling your mommy about your demon pal." He laughed.

I had reached the top of the stairs before I stopped to face him, keeping him dead in his own tracks.

The longer we stared at one another, the more his smile faded and his ghost complexion gained a set of wide eyes.
"Shit, you're actually gonna tell her, aren't you?"

I spun on my heels and walked to the room I once called my own. My wrist hesitated on the knob, but once the door was open, every bit of the tension in me dissipated. This was my room, and if I'm going off of the untouched furniture and knick-knacks scattered throughout, I'd say it still is.

I threw my suitcase on the ebony wood-framed bed as I told the conflicted demon behind me to shut the door, in which he did. Finally, I sighed as my bottom sunk into the familiar memory foam mattress.

I took in my surrounding, letting them seep in gently, as if I were adjusting to something cold. The window beside my bed was pouring out mounds of sunlight. My eyes squinted as they took in the bright, beautiful array of colors radiating through the room - it's as if the world hadn't stopped turning for our family. Or maybe it did, and it landed in a spot this electrifying, despite another soul in the void.

"Beautiful."

I turned my squinted gaze to a very much awe struck Craig standing at the foot of the bed.
His eyes planted directly on my own, and his hands tucked in his pockets. My forearms resting on my knees, and my back hunched forward suddenly seemed inappropriate to the thickening air around us. I straightened my posture, because God knows the dumbstruck face I was wearing was clearly in show.

"The view." Craig added. "I was talking about the view, it's beautiful."  He spoke without even a glance to the window in which he spoke of.

"Oh, alright." I spoke, confused.

He slipped his tongue out to trace his bottom lip for a brief moment, coming to take a seat next to me and resting his weight on his arms behind him with a huff.

"The view of outside is nice too."

My eyes widened and my face became a red hue. We shared what felt like an intimate glance, but the moment was over as soon as it began.

"So you really gonna tell her?" His tone suddenly becoming weary.

I sucked in a deep breath. "Yeah, I think I am."

"So you do have some balls after all."

I turned towards him with a sour glance.
"I sleep next to a sex demon, you think I'm scared of my mom at this point?"

He smiled widely at me. "I'd say I'm the mildest of hell's batch."

I rolled my eyes. "Right."

"Speaking of Mother dearest,"
Craig laid back on the bed.  "at dinner, her and your granny was getting real heated over that pepper shaker."

I turned to give him a knowing look.
"Oh, you don't even want to know the kind of crap they get heated over."

"Try me." Craig smirked, pulling on my shirt harshly to force me into a lying position with him. I couldn't help but smile. My head lying on my fist as me and Craig faced each other. Damn. He was really becoming my best friend.

"So we used to live here with my grandparents. I grew up here, in fact, I was born in the sitting room in the back hall."

"No fucking way." Craig whispered

"Yeah." I whispered, the corners of my mouth pulling up into a smile as I spoke. "Way."

"I'm never sitting on that couch again."
We both laughed, and I took in his features as if they were limited. The canine teeth showing through his smile, his eyes brightening with his expression, the way his hair moves with his shaking motions.
Limited things were usually the most precious.

"Anyways, Mom got into this huge fight with Grandma, and somehow the solution that they came up with was for us to move. Not houses, not neighborhoods, no. Continents."

"Talk about petty." He snickered. "But I'm glad you did." Craig's breath mingled with my own. My face seemed like it was on fire.

I thought for a moment; taking in the expressions of the man inches away from me.

"Me too. ."  I mouthed breathlessly.

Everything seemed to slow. The movement of Craig's eyes as they searched my face, the rising and falling of our chests, everything.

A hand slipped between us and trailed up to my ear. Craig's hand; it had to be. His eyes darted to where his hand laid. His thumb thumb tucked behind my ear and his forefinger poking at the lobe as if it were something to twiddle with.

"I should get up." I spoke softly without removing my eyes from Craig's

"Should you?" He smirked with a raise of his brows.

"I should." I whispered.

Craig leaned closer, using his thumb to pull me in closer. All I could see was the blue in his eyes, the heat surrounding us, the color.

"I really, really should."

I shut my eyes.

"Then do it."
Craig breathed his words into my agape mouth; I drank them like poison. Shit.

"No."

Craig smiled, and in that moment, a chaste kiss was brushed onto the corner of my mouth.
A soft noise accompanying it.

My breath hitched as I felt my stomach become weightless, no gravity to hold it down and prevent it from flipping around.

My eyes refused to open.

This guy in front of me, he's-

He's my best friend.
"You're my best friend, Tucker."

I spoke in broken words.

Words speak for the soul, after all.

Finally opening my eyes to be half lidded, just enough to take on Craig's expression.

Dragging my fingers up Craig and to his neck, I leaned in without a breath to spare.

"And you're mine." He whispered with his eyes all over me.

I traced my own soft kiss against the corner of his lips.

What the hell is going on with me?

-
-
-
(A//N: New chapter on its way since I took extra long to update.)