Chapter 27, Face suckin'

Looking at the clock; three A.M. The unsettling noise of ticking hitting me over and over. Craig shuffled in his sleep once I sat up a bit. Looking at myself from the position I was in, it was a bit astonishing I hadn't freaked out being practically naked in bed, but now it was starting to give me the heebie-jeebies. I readjusted my towel to be wrapped around my waist before lightly walking across the room to grab some clothes. Briefly checking my surroundings - just Incase the gnomes were hiding out, or Craig was secretly awake - I dropped my towel and swiftly started getting dressed. As soon as my shirt sleeves slid up my arms and I was buttoning it up, a voice called out behind me.

"Looks like I just missed the show."

I finished buttoning up my shirt, turning an eye to Craig's position on the bed, who was now shifting his weight onto his arms as he pulled himself up. Craig's eyes were no longer pooling out tears yet they were left with a slight red tint followed up by a sad look as a reminder of last night. My mouth hung open a bit - by choice of course - and I gave a small twitch; in which was not by choice. I had a raging urge to respond with a snarky comment, yet concern over-ruled my wants.

"How are you feeling?" I asked

He gave a half-assed crooked smile to the floor. "Wouldn't you like to know."

I rolled my eyes, "you're annoying."

"You're in denial."

"Of what?"

"We kissed."

The memory flashed through my head for a moment. I begged myself not to think of it any more then I had been already, dismissing it for the moment.
"Can you stop changing the subject? I asked how you was doing; I'm worried."

Craig's slight smile had left his lips, and suddenly he was left with a handsome frown.
"I'm tough, Tweek. Not to mention a demon. I don't need pity points." His voice was soft with a sharp edge.

I opened my mouth to respond, yet all that came out was air.

He threw his legs off the bed and stood enough to reach and tug me towards him.

"What I do need is your help." He whispered after tugging me between his legs.

"With what?" I frowned, not knowing why I wasn't refusing from the start.

He let a breath drag out like he was puffing out smoke. "I need you to help me feel alive."

I didn't like what this seemed to be insinuating, so I moved out of his legs to turn away, only to be yanked back into the very same position.

"You're all I have Tweek, just please hear me out.."
Sad eyes glazed me, almost making the fingers sunken into my shoulders ache less."

My eyes shifted across his face over and over, being unsure what was real and what wasn't.

"I'm listening." I concluded.

Craig nodded his head a bit before reaching out to grab my hand. His fingers lassoed around my own and raised them up to my face.
I glared at Craig for a moment, then at our hands. Then for a moment I could have sworn I saw something that made my stomach sink. I loosened my grip on the hand he had intertwined with in order to flip his hand around in my own. Looking at the tip of Craig's fingers, I noticed the tips seemed to fade out into nothing.
They were disappearing.
Craig was disappearing.

My heart began to beat a bit too hard against my throat.

"Wha- Craig what?" I became a bit frantic, tightening my grip on his hand.

"I know, but listen-" Craig licked his lips and looked for me in my eyes. "When we kissed," he began to whisper. "They went back to normal, and god did I feel alive. So what if-"

My eyes widened a bit.

"What if the things that make people human -emotions, feelings - what if they could also make me-"

"That's a long shot." I mumbled as I pulled away.

"But it's a shot!" Craig stood up to pull in the distance between us. "Just let me show you."

"No Craig, I don't think-"

Suddenly I was frozen in place with Craig Tucker's lips on top of my own. My heart was bursting into flames, and there's nothing I could do to stop it. I didn't even have the will to push him away. Because the truth was that I didn't want to. What was once harsh lips meaninglessly smooshed against one another became a soft brushing against each other. Craig sucking in my lungs with every movement he made against me. I pulled away, breathless and flustered, and I had no words to offer. Then suddenly Craig's fingers were displayed in front my face. A smiling out of focus Craig behind them. The tips of his fingers were no doubt in front of my face. I grabbed his hand swiftly to examine it. Looking back and fourth at each and every finger.

"They aren't fading anymore."

"Good observation" he smiled. "Seems like the more I feel emotionally the more human I get." Moving his hand from out of mine he spoke matter-of-factly. "But it doesn't last, and I imagine I'll continue to fade unless I'm fully human again."

I frowned, "why would a demon fade? seems like some ghostly type shit to me."

"Did you forget what type of demon I am?"

"No I-"

"And did you forget what they are meant to do?"

"I'm not stupid. Of course I know."

"Well," Craig shrugged. "I'm not doing what a succubus is meant to do, so I guess that might have something to do with the Casper fingers."

"So if you don't- ya'know-"

"Have sex."

"Yeah, that." I said with a glare. "Then you won't become a full incubus. But then if you don't-"

"make out with you"

A whince slipped onto my face. "I was going to say, 'have human experiences.'"

"That's what I said."

"Yeah, ok. So basically I'm gonna have suck on my best friend's face or else he's going to die again. Great."

Suddenly Craig's eyes brightened up and he smiled. It was bright; like the sun had combusted.

"Wh-What?" I stuttered, suddenly feeling my face heat up and my stomach pulsate in rhythm with my heart.

"You said it again: 'Bestfriends.'"

"I didn't." I declared, but it didn't motivate the smile on Craig's face to be anything less than present in the situation.

He grabbed and tugged at me as I tried to get away from him. As I finally gave in, I slung myself to face him, sticking my finger up, ready to give him a piece of my mind.

Lips crashed into lips,

and suddenly I'm on fire. 

Damn. it hurts.

But it left as quickly as it came, and Craig had pulled away only to stand up, grab clothes off the dresser, and head towards the shower.

"Get used it, Tweekers." He called just before shutting the bathroom door..

So then I was left all alone
with the smile on my face.

(Proof reading later)