Chapter 24

Natemare's POV

"You what?!" My voice echoed through the bunker. Anti and Dark were out doing business for me, Y/D/N was in the next room. "I-I didn't think she'd fight against it boss. Everyone turned around." Derek shakily answered. "You idiot! Now everyone's going to keep an eye on you. What about Nate?" I yelled, my fists clenched. "The guy took him to the other side of the school and locked him in. I got their phones, too." He said with a sly grin, holding up two phones both in different black cases. "And that helps how? Are we going to text classmates for homework answers?!" I grabbed his shirt and pulled him close, looking him in the eyes. "I-I don't know, I thought it might've helped you somehow." His hands trying to pry mine away. I tightened my grip on his shirt, "Leave. I'll call you in tomorrow."

I threw him to the ground, his body hitting the floor with a satisfying thump. He stood up quickly, "Yes, sir." He said shakily, stepping out through the small window. I kicked the metal table in the middle of the room I was in, a giant clank rang through the room.

Running my hands through my hair, Y/D/N steps into the room. "The hell is up with you, hun?" She asked, obviously annoyed that I distracted her from whatever she was doing. "Why the fuck do you care?" I snapped back. They would've gotten away by now. Derek fucked it all up. He didn't take them to the place I instructed him to take them. "What do you mean escaped? Did you tell Blondie to do it?" Y/D/N asked.

I looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What? Did you think I was powerless?" Mind reading? That's your only power? That's kind of disappointing. "Hey, watch it. I may be your love interest, but you sure as hell aren't disrespecting me, and no, it's not the only one. I have more coming up over time, smart one. Did you not check into that?" No, I didn't but this will be useful.

Your POV

Nate was upstairs showering and I was trying to make dinner. Humming to myself, I walked over to the cabinets, looking for a certain spice. I smiled when I found it and reached up to get it. I stretched my arm up, and tried grabbing it. I couldn't reach it, Curse my short nature. I felt strong hands wrap around my waist and pick me up like a feather. I got the spice and turned around, "Thank you, hun." He smiled and kissed my forehead, "Anytime, shorty,"

He laughed, his wet hair dripping onto his bare chest. I smiled back, "You ready to eat yet?" His arms wrapped around my waist, "I will be in a few minutes, love." I kissed him, smiling. He kissed back, his hands gripping onto me strongly. I pulled away, "Go get dressed, you're dripping all over the kitchen. Dinner's almost ready." He frowned, "But I don't wanna." I rolled my eyes, "Well, unless you want dinner I suggest you go put a shirt on, hun." "Fine," he said pecking me on the cheek before heading back upstairs. I smiled to myself, I loved this. When we weren't being threatened by some dark ego made up by his fans that somehow came to life. I loved how calm it was when he wasn't on the loose. It felt like our life was actually normal for a little bit,

"Y/N?" Nate said, his hand waving in front of me. "Wha? Huh?" I asked, he brushed a piece of my hair out of my face. "You okay? You spaced out for a bit." He said, concerned and smiling. "What, yeah, I'm okay." I answered quickly, giving him a small smile. "What were you thinking about? You seemed pretty into it." He asked, grinning. "Just..us." I said, looking up at him. "Us? How so, love?" He pulled me closer, his hands wrapped around my waist. My arms rested on his shoulders, "How I love you and the times when we're not threatened. How calm it is.." I said smiling. He picked me up, setting me onto the counter, kissing me passionately. I kissed back, hoping our lives would go back to normal soon.