16.

"Elizabeth! We have no time to argue this anymore. Enemies are continuing to rise, continuing to attack our countries, we need to align to prove unity. Will you join me?"

"Take your heart out of the equation, Katerina. Use your head, think of what you are asking of me and then I will answer you."

"Elizabeth, I understand your concern, your priorities for England, that the opinion your people have of you will shift if you side with Bulgaria. I promise you, Scotland and France will leave you alone if you join me. I can keep the peace," I replied with my hands on the table. "Let me do that. Please."

"My country is strong with or without yours and your allies. I do not necessarily need Bulgaria-"

"Then why did you come? Why come all this way, making me risk my alliances, my relationships, for fun. Is all of this just a game to you?"

"I never said that-"

"You implied it!"

"Katerina, I have not meant to cause any trouble

"Katerina, I have not meant to cause any trouble."

"That's exactly what you meant to do, Elizabeth. You meant for this to blow out of proportion to see if I was serious about this alliance, which I am. But if you do not give me an answer soon, I will have to ask you to leave."

"It's fun seeing people squirm when put into difficult situations, don't you think?" Elizabeth asked.  "I find it to be a daily ritual, joy in watching. You should try it sometime. Which is why, I know we'll be great friends."

"Does this mean yes?" I asked hopefully

"It means hell yes," she smiled. "Let's see the damage four countries can do to fix this wretched world."

"Elizabeth, I am so pleased to hear this," I smiled back watching as she signed the contract.

"We shall take a break from politics and perhaps go for a walk through your garden?" She asked standing.