3: Hell's Kitchen

They say that all good things happen to those who wait. But nothing would really happen if they just stand there waiting, doing nothing.

There are a few autistic actors. But damn, their good looks brought them a long way.

Christian knights raise their swords in faith. If you'd look beyond it, it's like an upside-down cross of the anti-Christ.

Like that one song said, 'I try to see the good in life, but good things in life are hard to find.' It was very true, defined by various experiences and shaped by hardships.

One would think they are the unconventional truths of life. Another more blessed, more fortunate would oppose to that. Some people would even strike up a debate to satisfy penetrating thoughts. On the other hand, Castellone stopped thinking about random trespassing thoughts while staring at the fire eating up a quarter of their campus.

Once spotted, Blaze ran towards him, stopping momentarily to catch his breath. He looked triggered, but there was a dash of surprise in that amusement. Something that told Castellone of fright. "Did you saw what happened? I mean, it was nuts."

"I was asleep. So how did this happen?"

"Figures, no wonder you weren't in the cafeteria. It was the group leader you kept talking about, he's the one who started the fire." Blaze said.

Castellone can't help but furrow his brows, suddenly interested in what his friend had to say. Adolescent minds bubbled with thoughts over the matter. Some faces were trapped as being a witness to whatever happened. A mixture of versions from such event filled the campus yards, flowing endlessly to fill gaps.

Blaze told him that they were having lunch that time. He was with Genon and Sirius when Bayoe stood next in line. "There was this hotpot and the stove kept it warm, then some girl accidentally bumped her tray on Bayoe's elbow. He got disoriented by it and the food got all over him. Then, some varsity kids came running around..."

Castellone wondered at the sudden pause. He guessed that the next thing Blaze was about to say was the real accident. He wasn't wrong.

"One of the athletes slipped by the spoiled food and crashed towards Bayoe. He got pushed into the stove. The hotpot spilled aside, Bayoe got burned and he got really burned. Like, he was on fire. Literally. Then he ran around in panic and everyone was looking for a fire extinguisher. But before they could find one, the fire from the stove spread and the gas underneath the buffet exploded. It was like hell gone lose inside there, you know?" Blaze said.

The next thing he said was the casualty of it. Everyone inside started to run for safety. The fire got worst and the next thing Castellone knew, he woke up. It was idiotic to think about how one person could end up in flames. It might have been a living hell for Bayoe. Hell. No sooner did he remember the last thing he said before taking that nap. He cursed Bayoe to burn. And burn, he did. Did I...do that?

He found it unbelievable and shivered at the thought of it. He glanced anxiously around, searching for people who might find evidence against him. Yeah, what evidence? I didn't even lift a finger. He reassured himself that no one would suspect him. Now why would anyone blame him? No one lay witness to whatever he was anxious about, but something rose, something close by electrocuted his conscience to glance around.

Out of the crowd, he caught someone looking at him. From a distance, a girl stood amidst the crowd and before he could narrow his gaze to see who it really was, people getting out of the way blocked his view. That film rolled for a while until it finally seized moving. When they were clear from sight, she was no longer there. He could have sworn she was staring at him. Weird.