39: One Late Dinner

As the moon rendered the night in calmness, certain circumstances from within were the fires that burned a passion brighter. There were the voices that spoke of greatness and the compassion of every heart through the trials of life. One would often find escape from a troubling spirit. But, it wasn't always the case especially when a heart's rhythm was ripe.

Roses are perhaps one of the most beautiful flowers that introduced itself to the world. They were elegant and deep, yet they require extensive care and attention. Some of them are rare, rarer even when they develop a unique hue. Some people would associate that uniqueness to the partner they have found in life, because, in a world filled with uncertainties and cruel melodies, there would always be that one person.

Castellone's kiss was light at first, but he wanted to test the extent. He held Abrielle's cheek, drawing her closer, urging her to surrender to him. She did. She parted her lips, allowing him to go deeper. He grabbed her waist with the other hand, imploring her body to touch his, until she settled on his lap.

Abrielle have no idea what this was, but she felt her heart go wild as the temperature within her rose. She didn't know if this was normal but she wanted to melt into his arms as he held her gently. Was it supposed to be that way? To feel that way? She felt her face go wild with color, but she didn't care. She liked how he tasted her, and her to him.

The kiss, unlike the normal ones they often shared, was even deeper, more passionate, and it took a while to last, she didn't know when it would end, but knowing it was him, she wanted time to freeze. She was ignorant of it, not having any idea if it was supposed to go otherwise, and that wasn't the only thing Castellone did.

He tried to reach under her shirt, feeling her skin as he kissed her breathless. She jumped in surprise, her body reacting to his touch and momentarily pulled away from the kiss as a small gasp escaped her lips. Their eyes met, and she had a face of uncertainty.

"U-umm..." She staggered, immediately burying her face against his shoulder and held his shirt tight. She didn't like to show her embarrassment, she was completely new to this. She didn't want to think at where it was going either although she knew how it would probably end. But, little did she know, he was too.

She felt him caress her back, and out of all the chances where he could laugh, it was right there in that moment. It was low, not really blissful, it only told her that he liked the way she reacted. She could feel his chest rise and fall quickly as he breathed out the laughter. He leaned his head towards her so that he lay on top of hers, then he just held her there while his supposed laughter died down eventually.

They held each other in place, not bothering to finish dinner. None of them spoke as if the silence sent them what they really had in mind. Abrielle liked the warmth of protection that emanated from him, like there was no problem out there that waited for her. Like there were no eyes ready to sear her with hateful glances, words that would throw her mind on edge, or actions that would scar her for life.

But just when she thought they would remain that way, Castellone would break that through a whisper. "Can I redo that night with you?"

There often weren't circumstances that required a simple request. Some would find the difficulties in making a decision, and time. It wasn't always safe to rush through, but he said it in an earnest way. It was meant with the pangs of redemption, the kind that begged to see the expectations of a trial unharmed.

Abrielle slowly lifted her head to see his face, his expression. He was calm, his eyes burned in solemnity, seeking hers. She knew what he was referring to. Was she ready? Would he hurt her? A part of her was scared, she feared to encounter another night of the same agony. A part of her wanted to trust him, because the permission was his gateway, a precaution just for her.