22: Threatening Memories

It would never really be a good sign for when danger brewed itself close to someone. Especially if it was a relative or so.

Mrs. Vince was gagged and the fat History professor tried to choke the life out of her daughter, pinning her down with his weight. Miss Vince's clothes were ripped off, and she appeared almost bare.

Mr. Fiddlehap's pants pooled around his ankles, his hands were around her neck. He was trying to take advantage of the helpless secretary who reached out a hand to Castellone the minute she saw him. She was calling out to the student.

Mrs. Vince, on the other hand, was trying to say something despite the duct tape that sealed her mouth. They were obviously begging for help but the contraptions had sealed them out.

Castellone rushed to the table and tried to restrain Mr. Fiddlehap by the arms. He tried hauling the man away from Miss Vince. Unfortunately, given the old man's weight and size, he didn't take it far and Mr. Fiddlehap pushed him aside where his back met the glass partition, shattering it on impact. He landed on the other side.

Some of the shards had scraped his arm, but he ignored the pain and oozing blood and tried to pull the professor away from Miss Vince again. "Get off her!"

When Mr. Fiddlehap wouldn't budge, he took the visitor chair and smashed it on the professor's back that sent him staggering. Castellone quickly untied the rope bounding Miss Vince's wrists and took off her gag. Crying, she quickly buttoned her clothes and found her way towards her mother to untie her too.

"I'm not done with you!" Mr. Fiddlehap immediately stood in rage. He was about to lunged towards the women when Castellone delivered a blow on his chest, knocking the air out of him. He was stunned temporarily and tried to find his balance while holding the wall.

Castellone grabbed the professor's collar, forcing Mr. Fiddlehap to look at him. When he spoke, his teeth were gritted and his voice resonated pestilence. "Fucking on someone's kid, huh, old man? Find yourself a wife who'll take you on and chew on your own kid, you shit."

Abrielle ran inside when she heard the noise. She reached to turn the lights and illuminated the mess in the Dean's office. When she saw the situation, she reached for the intercom by the secretary's desk and pressed the number that connected her to the security's office. She told them what was currently happening.

It didn't take long before four security personnel entered the office and restrained the professor. While Miss Vince was being led to the infirmary, Mrs. Vince thanked them for the help. Perhaps it was fate who chose them to deliver the papers that she was supposed to sign, but then it can all be a coincidence.

While the professor was escorted to a police car, about to be convicted of sexual assault, Castellone noticed that Mr. Fiddlehap glanced back at him with a sneer. He couldn't believe the professor could still smile like that despite the fact that he was guilty. Sure, he was one to talk, but at least he never lifted a finger to commit crimes. Heinous ones.

Castellone noticed something from behind the professor as the police forced him into the car. Behind the man, he saw the same shadow who smiled wickedly at him. He frowned at the sight. He knew why it was there. It would never rest until it got what it wanted.

Once the professor was inside the car, the entity blended right into the background, vanishing in the most clandestine of ways. Castellone just stood there, watching as the vehicle drove away. He knew it wasn't over yet.

Beside him, Abrielle looked up at him without saying anything. He noticed this and though he didn't like to admit that her gaze was magnetic and awkward, he looked back at her and wondered why she was staring at him. He raised his shoulders in a questioning gesture that asked her what she wanted to say.