11: Killing It Softly

Abrielle watched an ambulance wailing that was parked by the entrance of the grand reception hall. She's been standing there for a while now, fearing about the unforeseen incident. Students were gathered around the area, and the staff carried a single stretcher that was draped with a white cloth down the flight of stairs.

By the looks of it, it wasn't just a single person they carried. It was two, and one body was atop the other. By surprise, one of the staff slipped from the stairs and accidentally tripped the stretcher over, revealing the two bodies that were entwined together. Blood stained their torso everywhere, exposing a night they decided to share amorously.

Abrielle peeked through an opening from the crowd since she was too small to see through their heads. Her eyes widened in surprise to see Ryna's lifeless face inclined towards her. She didn't know who the other person was, but they appeared distorted in murderous ways. She immediately withdrew and went past the crowd to a clearing in the school yard with lesser people.

She clutched her chest and felt her head throb at the things she was currently thinking. She winced at the pain and held the bandage wrapping her head injury. Her vision shook a bit, she thought she might collapse. Thinking too much was bad for her head, she had to close those thoughts. Someone stood beside her, she turned her gaze to look at who it was. It was none other than the possible culprit.

Castellone was facing the crowd, observing the ruckus. People gasped when they saw Ryna and Braq dead in each other's embrace. He didn't say anything and simply watched the crowd. The medics scurried to cover the bodies and hauled them in the ambulance.

"That's some pleasurable way to die."

He heard Genon say. His friend nudged him on the shoulder as a greeting. Shortly after that, his blond friend went to attend his first class in the morning. Castellone nodded once at him before staring back at the scene after Genon left. Abrielle stood in front of him. Her posture was speaking of an intent he already predicted to happen.

It was amazing how little and thin she was, whose height just reached at the level of his chest, and her golden eyes blazed in such a way that they matched the searing glare of the sun. She looked at him in disappointment. It was like her mere gaze accused him so loud he could almost hear her angry voice.

"You lied to me last night," was the first thing he heard from her.

Castellone rolled his eyes and looked away. There was no point in elaborating anything. But he wasn't expecting Abrielle's fingers on his jaw, forcing him to look at her. Damn, she really appeared small and frail. Somewhere inside him wondered what her screams would sound like. He saw the image of a darkened smile over the thought of making Abrielle beg for mercy.

He had to stop there when something urged him to harm her. It suddenly happened out of nowhere. He knew it wasn't him. Not physically.

"You did that, didn't you?" She said in her serious but non-threatening tone.

She sounded like a joke to him. If only she knew, but Castellone didn't really care.

"What, doing threesome with them? I'd rather masturbate." Castellone said then released her grip off his jaw. He made his way towards one of the buildings. "We have English first and can't afford to be late."

Abrielle watched him walk away. She didn't like that he was evading her questions regarding the matters of sacrificed lives. He was the only person who could ever accomplish something that dire and selfish. She had to find other means of making him talk, but he was too stubborn to cooperate at anything.

Before she could catch up with him, someone tripped her on the foot. She immediately met the grass-strewn yard headfirst. Upon impact, she heard laughter coming from behind. Students passed by her line of sight, and their sinister snickering hadn't eased the tension she felt in her head. It only made things worst.