Chapter 7

Twilights POV~

Skyla and Scarlett where sitting on the loungeroom floor doing homework.

"Okay, a pronumeral is when a letter replaces a number. An expression is a sum we are given to be able to work the question out..."

"UGH!" Skyla groaned. "Do I have to learn algebra?"

"Yes! Its important to do our homework to get good grades!" My daughter protested.

"But I don't understand any of it! I'm terrible." She cried.

I walked in with a smile. "Without education, you can't do anything. So, I will help you and hopefully make it easier."

Scarlett tugged on my leg. I looked down at her.

"Mum, I was trying to teach her myself. So hopefully I could get a cutiemark in teaching." She pouted.

"Teaching? Ha! Who would want to do that egghead stuff?" A familiar voice called as a rainbow dashed through my door.

I was sick of her calling me that. That was not something a friend should do.

"Hey Aunty rainbow dash!" Scarlett hugged my friends legs. I couldn't help but smile even after she called me an 'egghead,' which clearly I was not!

"Woah there kid," she gently pushed her away. "I gotta get used to being called a sister first, then we will work on whatever else. So just call me Rainbow dash."

I trotted over to her. "Good afternoon rainbow."

She rubbed the back of her head. "Twi, could you do me a favour?"

I rolled my eyes. "What is it this time?"

"Well, I'm going to cloudsdale tomorrow and I was wondering if you could look after scootaloo until I get back."

I was confused.

"Why me? Of all of us?" I said, the littlest bit shocked. But not shocked as I hadn't looked after a child before, no, just the very short notice.

"Why not? You are the closest pony I could find that had child experience." She grinned.

"Its just, Scootaloo has a lot of energy..." I stuttered.

"Eh, you'll be fine!" She laughed. "Anyway, thanks Twilight!" With that, she zoomed off out the door. At that same moment, spike appeared from the kitchen.

"Who was that?!" He asked, scratching his head.

"Rainbow Dash!" Scarlett peeped.

"Cool! Anyway twilight, when I was making snacks, you received a letter from the princess." He grapped a scroll from out of his mouth and I levitated it over to my eye level.

"Read it out, read it out, read it out." Skyla chanted. Scarlett gave her a nudge.

"Okay." I cleared my throat.

"Dearest Twilight,

It is with great pleasure that I invite you to canterlot as we need to discuss royal duties with you and your roles. I wish for you to come tomorrow. See you then!

Love, Princess Celestia." I finished.

"Tomorrow? Oh gosh! That's bad, this is very very bad!"

"Why Twilight?" Spike asked, again confused.

"Scootaloo is coming over tomorrow!" Skyla answered for me.

I started to gallop out the door. "Girls, follow me."

We ran all the way to sweet apple acres. I found applejack bucking an appletree.

"Applejack, would you be able to look after Scootaloo tomorrow?" I asked between breaths.

"No sugar cube, but I bet ya rarity can! Why, she's with the little filly's right now!" Her southern ascent a bit tiered from her legs being worn out.

"Okay! Thanks anyway."

As I reached the doorsteps of carousel boutique, We heard a rucus from inside. Skyla levitated the door knob open to see a huge mess.

Paint was splashed all over the walls and glue, glitter and stickers where placed in random spots.

Applebloom noticed me. "Heya twilight! We are getting our cutie marks in arts and craft!"

As rarity stressfully picked up bits and peices in hope of being tidier, I tag along.

"So, I was wondering, could you look after scootaloo tomorrow?"

"Sorry Sweets, but Rainbowdash had already asked me to have her sleepover tonight even though I have my hooves tied at the moment."

"What's wrong?" Scarlett wondered.

"Oh I have a very large order and I can bearly look after the CMC's as it is! With scootaloo tagging along tomorrow, it would be to much for me to handle. I am truely sorry Twilight." She sighed.

In defeat, I start to walk home with my head down.

"Mother, could we go to sugarcube corner? We are hungry!" Scarlett came up next to me.

I tried to sound happy. "Sure."

A little bell rang as the door closed behind us.

"OHH! GOOD AFTERNOON TWILIGHT! AND TWILIGHT JUNIOR! AND CADENCE JUNIOR! DO DO WANT ANY SWEETS? CUPCAKES?" Pinkie squealed in her usual pinkie voice.

"Two cupcakes please." I said, my voice with no tone.

"Is SOMEONE HAVING A FROWNEY LOONEY POOPY PIE DAY? TURN THAT SMILE UPSIDE DOWN SILLY!"

I sighed.

"Aunty twilight can't find anypony to babysit scootaloo tomorrow." Skyla said, peering over the counter.

I glanced up to see pinkies eyes widen. She waved her hoof around like a maniac.

"OH, OH, OH! CHOOSE ME! CHOOSE ME! IM A GREAT BABY SITTER!"

I gave her a look that read, 'are you kidding me?'

"Pleeeeeeassssseeeee!" She begged. "I looked after the baby cakes once!

I smiled weakly. "Okay, fine. Just pick her up tomorrow from rarity's house." I instructed.

"Okey, dokey, lokey!" She cheerfully said.