Voices in my head

...

Dear the voices in my head,
You dragged me down for years. You tore me apart piece by piece until I was nothing but a selfless, hurt, destroyed person with no happiness whatsoever. The amount of pain that you brought into my life was unbearable. You made me feel like I was

worthless
ugly
fat
disgusting
horrible
stupid
a waste of space

and the worst part is, I actually believed it for so long. Not anymore, I'm finally becoming free of you and the power you had over me. So here I have, a letter to you.

In some ways I thank you. I thank you for making me a stronger person, helping me figure out who I am as a person, helping me develop as a person. In another way, I hate you so much. I hate the way you made me believe that I was worth nothing, I hate how you made me isolate myself, I hate how you made me think that no one cared about me, I hate how you made it impossible for me to get out of bed most mornings, I hate how you made me fall behind in school. for all these years that you've dragged me down gave me the power and strength I have now to pull myself back up again.

You will not do this to me any longer. I won't let you.
No one really understood what it was like, what the pain felt like and I hope no one else experiences it because you should not have the satisfaction of ruining another person's life. You will not have that satisfaction from me again.