v.

chapter v:

chapter v:

taken

3rd Person

"IVY, WAIT UP!" A young Kiara sprinted behind an older girl that looked quite similar.  They chased each other around the house, laughing the whole way. After they turned around a corner in one of the hallways, something scooped the girls up.

"There are my two beautiful daughters!" The two children giggled. "Hi Daddy," Ivy said. Their father smiled at them, kissing each of his daughters' foreheads. "Now what have you been up to?" He carried the two to the kitchen, where their mother was writing papers for her job.

"Mommy," Kiara said, reaching out towards the woman. She glanced up from her work, seeing her small, happy family. She gave the three people a big grin, the wrinkles in her forehead stretching. She stood up from the table and walked over to them, pulling the whole family into a group hug.

Ivy and Kiara laughed with content, as did their parents. "Who remembers what tomorrow is," The girls' father asked. "My birthday," Kiara answered excitedly, bouncing in his arms. "And how old are you turning," he continued.

"I'll be turning 7!" She held up her tiny hands, all fingers extended on one and one finger on the other. The mother took the almost birthday girl from her father's arms. "You are growing to be so big," she cooed, holding Kiara in a way that was face to face with the woman.

"I'll be big as you soon," Kiara stated. The parents chuckled at the child's statement. "One day you will. But it's getting late. You and your sister should sleep." Ivy and Kiara groaned. "But Mom," Ivy whined, but the mother wasn't having it.

"If you two want to grow to be big and strong, you need your sleep. Now up to bed. Chop, chop, girls!" The parents placed their daughters down, letting them go upstairs first. The two ran up the steps, tripping a few times. Ivy and Kiara ran to their bedroom.

It was a decent sized room, with a bed placed against either wall. The walls were painted a sweet lavender color, and the floor was a soft beige carpet. The mother and father entered the room. "All right you two, hop in bed," the father said.

Kiara jumped onto the bed to the right, while Ivy took the left. The mother and father each said goodnight to each of the children. When they finished, they left the room. Kiara sat back up. She quietly crawled out of her bed, planting her small feet on the carpet.

She hurried over to her sister's bed, and jumped on top of Ivy. "Are you actually going to sleep," the young girl asked. Ivy flipped over, facing her younger sister. "Nope." The girls giggled, and hopped to the floor. The siblings rushed over to the doorway .

Ivy, since she was lightly taller, creaked the door open, checking for her parents outside. SH motioned her younger sister to follow her, and the two tiptoed out of the room. AS they stood at the top of the stairs, voices echoed from downstairs.

"Do they know yet," the father asked. "Does who know," the mother said. "WCKD. Do they know about the girls," he clarified. An audible sigh could be heard from the woman. "Henry, I work with WCKD so they don't know. They don't even think we have children."

"That's what I'm worried about, Lillian. What if they do know? I'm not allowing my children to be tested and sacrificed by those monsters," Henry spat. "I've got it all under control. Don't worry," Lillian reassured her husband.

The two girls glanced at each other, confused. Who was WCKD? What could they want from us? Suddenly, the front door banged. "What was that," Lillian asked. The girls spun around and ran back to their room.

Together, the siblings shut the door and went back in bed. Another slam vibrated the house. Kiara, terrified, went to her sister's bed instead and cuddled in Ivy's arms. "What's happening," Kiara asked. "I don't know," Ivy mumbled, her voice shaking.

The door swung open. The girls huddled farther into the wall. Their father ran in, and picked up the two girls, before sprinting out of the room. He met up with his wife in their bedroom. "What's going on," Ivy asked, but the parents didn't respond. Lillian opened the window, a cold breeze washing through. The woman looked out of the two-story house.

"Lillian, get the girls to Jorge. They'll be safe with him. I'll hold the guards off," Henry ordered. "But you'll die," his wide protested. "Just get the girls to safety," he said. He kissed Lillian and handed her the children. He stared his daughters in the eye.

"I love you both, don't forget that." Henry went to his drawer and pulled out a gun, cocking the weapon. The front door finally burst open. "Search the house," a voice called out. Footsteps pounded on the wood stairs.

"Lillian, go," Henry yelled. The door burst open, revealing guards. They were dressed head to toe in black armor, an emblem stitched on the shoulder that Kiara could not see. Lillian spun around, and climbed through the window. "Stop her," one guard yelled.

Someone shot forward and grabbed Lillian's left arm, the one that held Kiara. The arm loosened, and the child fell to the floor of the room. Kiara hit her head, knocking the girl out.

When the child came to later, she was in a medical room. The room was stark white, almost blinding. It was empty, only the young girl in the room. "Where am I," Kiara asked. The door opened, revealing a woman.

She stood confident, donning a long white lab coat and her yellow hair pulled back into a tight bun. She stepped next to Kiara's bed sitting down. "Who are you," Kiara asked, slightly inching away from her.

The woman gave the child a kind smile. "My name is Doctor Ava Paige. There is no need to be afraid of me." Kiara nodded, relaxing a little. "Where is my family she asked. Ava's face grew solemn. "I'm sorry," is all the woman said.

Kiara leaned back, sadness filling her. Tears traveled down her cheeks. "But you are safe now Kiara. We will take care of you."

=======================================

Well, this one was difficult, but it's done.

Anyway, see you in the next chapter. Buh-bye!

IMPORTANT EDIT: I came back and changed Kiara's age from 6 years old to 8 years old for a reason. You will find out at some point why.

EDIT 4/2/18: I changed her age again to seven. Ignore first edit.