xviii.

chapter xviii:

chapter xviii:

marcus

Kiara

     "UM, WHERE ARE WE GOING?" A guard pulled Kiara through the sterile white halls, ignoring the young girl's question. "Can you answer me, please," she asked, trying to get his attention. When he didn't respond, the girl pouted. 

The soldier finally brought Kiara to the end of a hall, which had several doors. Small voices emitted from all of them, but the man led Kiara to a door  on the right.  He unlocked it and opened the door.

The guard pushed her inside and shut the door without a word. Kiara scoffed at the soldier. She turned around, to be met by two pairs of curious eyes. Two boys, abut Kiara's age stood in front of her. One had spiked black hair and tanned skin, while the other was pale and blond hair swept over his forehead.

 The three kids all stared at each other. "Uh, hi?"  The sentence came out of Kiara's mouth more like a question than a statement. "Why are you here," the black-haired one asked bluntly. The blond slapped him in the back of the head.

"Minho, you don't just bloody ask someone that," he scolded his friend. He turned to Kiara, walking a little bit forward. "Sorry about him. My name's Newt." He reached out a hand towards the girl, who shook it awkwardly.

"I'm Kiara." The girl smiled genuinely at the two boys. "This is Minho," Newt introduced his friend. Minho walked up beside his friend. "Sorry if I sound rude, but why exactly are you here," Minho questioned.

Kiara shrugged. "I don't know. They just moved me from my old room with my friend to here." The boys glanced at each other before back to her. "Guessing it must be a room transfer," she added, looking between the two.

"Well, whatever it is, you can hang out with us," Newt said, the grin on his face broadening. Kiara felt her heart swell at the thought of new friends.

Suddenly colors swirled around, and the children disappeared. The scene morphed into a different room, where two girls stood, one in a white lab coat. The room was full of computers, but no one had been using them. The place was empty except for the two girls. "Teresa, what exactly are you showing me," one of the girls asked.