8. Is Pity the Reason?

The rest of the week went on with no unusual events. Tweek kept his distance from the group, fending on his own through the school. He wasn't really invested into any school activities nor did he care much for Craig's claim about the party.

Craig wanted to keep his excitement for this party to himself. but he couldn't help but feel a small smile tug on the corners of his lips when someone brought the party up. Token had taken a notice to Craig's attitude to the party, and tried to ask him about it.  The only answer Craig could give was a shrug or a 'what are you talking about'. Craig himself hadn't accepted he was excited for a party with Tweek.

Fixing and mending his friendship with Tweek was proving harder than he thought.  He didn't mind, after this party, Tweek would actually like him as a friend. Craig would be better then Clyde and Token. He was starting to forget about the origin of his reason behind doing it, and just started to go with whatever.

Clyde had a totally different idea in his head though. Clyde really did hate Tweek, for no specific reason either. Clyde just found Tweek annoying, and seeing how much of a push over Tweek was, just got under his skin. He hated watching Tweek not do anything to stand up for himself. People like Tweek were the kind of people Clyde despised.

Since the week went on without Craig telling Clyde about any prank on Tweek, Clyde decided he'd take matters into his own hands. Why would Craig even invite him then? Clyde planned on doing the worse he could to Tweek. Maybe then Tweek would learn to stop being such a pity party.

-

When Friday rolled around, Craig decided to approach Tweek on his walk home. Craig had taken the bus that morning , so he'd be able to walk with Tweek home. Tweek wasn't very happy with this.

As Tweek walked from the school grounds to the pavement leading him home, Craig ran up behind him and placed his arm on Tweek's shoulder. Tweek shuttered at the touch, and slowly turned to see the intruder.

"Hey Tweek." Craig said softly trying not to startle Tweek anymore. Tweek just turned his head away, looking forward, and began to walk again. He had no interest in what Craig had to say. He didn't want to fall for any tricks, or end up at that party.

As he walked, Craig followed beside him. He chose to stay on the side of the side walk closest to the road. He didn't know why he did it, but he felt better on this side. He continued walking close to Tweek, hoping that his gaze he had on Tweek would make Tweek talk back to him.

"I was thinking, why don't we go to your house and pick you out something nice to wear for the party tomorrow." Craig said, not realizing he was saying something that'd be usually say to a girl to let him come over.

"No. I don't know why you even w-want me there so bad." Tweek sighed while rolling his eyes at how stupid the idea of going to the party was.

"Because Tweek, you left my house last week upset, and I want to make it up to you."

"Why would a dumb p-party make it up to me."

"Well, you'd see how fun and enjoyable I am at a party." Craig smirked, trying to find a better reason in his head to tell Tweek. "Oh! And you'll realize I'm not a bad guy." He added, really hoping that Tweek were taking his words into consideration.

"Why do I care if your a bad guy or not? And why do you c-care about what I think? I'm just a nobody Craig, just let m-me be alone."

"Listen." Craig said, grabbing Tweek's shoulder to turn Tweek towards him. While keeping his firm grip on Tweek, he spoke up, "I don't care. I'm just trying to be a good person to you. That's all. I could care less about what you think about me."

"S-so you just care about making yourself feel good? Pretending to be a good person so you can live with y-yourself without guilt?"

"That's not what I meant." He looses his grin on Tweek, realizing he was using Tweek's arm to take his frustration out. Tweek was right, why was he doing this, really? Was Tweek's quick-to-jump reasonings true? Why was he getting so worked up over it anyway?

Tweek looked hurt as Craig continued to furrow his brows and stare at him. The longer Craig took to rack his brain for a real reason, the more Tweek got upset. Eventually, Tweek just turned away from Craig and began walking again.

Tweek had guessed right, hadn't he? Craig didn't try to give a reason for his kindness, so Tweek figures it was true. Was Craig only doing it out of pity. As Tweek paced off down the side walk, he could feel himself heat up in the anger of it all.

Craig only stood and watched. He felt like he had been stunned by Tweek's words. Tweek's figure got smaller into the distance, and Craig still stood there. Why was he putting so much effort into Tweek? Was it really all for himself? Was he so conceited that he didn't even notice he was befriending Tweek for his own sanity?

Craig liked to think that wasn't true, but he really didn't have a good answer to explain why he wanted to show Tweek he was a good person.  Craig slowly began to walk, and stopped when he came to Tweek's house.

He stood in front of the house, he had a feeling in his stomach. A feeling he got a lot. It was the feeling inside him that said, what your about to do, you'll regret. Craig's feet slowly moved up to the porch and walked to the door. He sent a loud sturdy knock into the door three times.

He could hear feet stomping around inside. When the door slung open, he was met with a older woman.

Short brown hair and bangs cut straight across. She had the same bags under her eyes that Tweek had, and a apron around her waist that looked like it was tied too tight. She huffed out air through her nose before talking.

"What do you want." She stated as her eyes darted up and down looking at Craig.

"I'm here for Tweek."

"He's grounded."

"Yeah, but we uh, we have a school project in our shop class. We really need to get done."

"Fine, he's in his room." She waved me into the house in a hurry, "Also! Keep the door open."

Craig gave her a look before he dashed up the stairs to Tweek's room. The door was closed and he could hear music playing inside. Craig sighed before reaching his hand to the door knob, he felt like knocking was too excessive.

Now all Craig had to do was convince Tweek to come to the party, for some reason or another.