16. Time's Changing

So that was it for the rest of the day. Craig had pushed it away to the farthest part of his mind, really hoping Tweek wouldn't tell anyone about their conversation. Craig kept a side eye on Tweek most of the day, but like Tweek said, he had no one to tell.

Craig felt that what he said would remain between them, luckily, for Craig's ego. At lunch, he approached Leslie at the table she was eating at, and asked her to come with him. She did comply, despite being mad at Craig and his 'selfish' ways. Craig escorted Leslie outside the lunch room before he started to talk.

"Look, all I'm asking is, can we start over? Put everything behind us, and start fresh?" Craig spilled the bullshit out of his mouth with gritted teeth. He no longer cared for Leslie, yet he was asking her to stay by his side. He felt painfully pitiful as he asked her to start over. He didn't like asking for forgiveness, he didn't like messing with one girl repeatedly, and he definitely didn't like when the girl acted as if she was better than him. Yet, still accepting the offer to take him back.

"Yes. A fresh slate, only because I feel like you're different from other guys." Craig tried to hide his eye rolling as Leslie spoke. Craig was no different from anyone, he knew that. The whole school was brain washed and wired to a certain way of thinking. Very few were the exception of being different, and they were the ones looked down upon.

Leslie spent the rest of lunch sitting with Craig and the other guys at his table. During the silence between conversations, Craig took his time to scan the room to look for Tweek. He didn't want to look, but his eyes wandered around anyway. Not with any luck though, there was no Tweek in the cafeteria.

Craig easily assumes that Tweek won't be hanging around him and the guys anymore, keeping his promises of staying away. Craig felt a little disarrayed, no longer having Tweek to tire himself out with.

Recently, Craig had been using all of his energy on Tweek. As he so desperately tries to mend a broken friendship with Tweek. Things had changed so much from when they were younger. When they were younger, things were much more clean cut and simple; no problem proving too hard for them to handle.

As kids, they were all very close: Clyde, Token, Jimmy, and Craig. Tweek didn't come into the picture until they were a little bit older, but nonetheless were still kids. Even then he was known as a twitchy weirdo, but those were all just names back then, Tweek would toss his own labels to other kids just the same. It was how things worked, chaotic but orderly.

They all played games after school, and talked about who they had a crush on. Jimmy telling stories of his experiences, and Token buying fancy gifts for everyone. While Clyde offered a place to hold sleepovers, and Craig made sure everything was planned correctly. Tweek would offer discounted coffee and pastries. They were the prefect group. Until high school, at least.

Jimmy had isolated hisself from the group, and hung around with Timmy more, slowly no longer being apart of the click. Obviously, he wasn't going to be like the rest of them, and start to become manipulating. He thought Tweek would leave with him, but Tweek stayed. Tweek wished for the group to stay together, despite their growing coldness towards one another.

Token started to get snobby with his privileges, while Clyde got cocky with his ways of flirting. Craig, too, becoming apart of it; looking down on everyone with prejudice views. Tweek was starting to stick from the group like a sore thumb. He couldn't keep up his grades or flirt to save his life. He was still an emotional as ever too, while the rest of the guys became stone cold shells of themselves.

The real turning point was Clyde's mother's death. Clyde turned dark. Token was relentlessly tired of the world and everyone in it. While, Craig had forgotten how to show sympathy. Tweek became a toy to the group, only coming around due to Clyde's wishes to use him.

During the time of Clyde's mother's death, Tweek had receded from the group the most. Not because he didn't want to help Clyde, but because Tweek had his own problems arising. For Tweek the worse days of his life were beginning, and Tweek felt no real reason to go on.
-

At lunch, instead of going to the cafeteria, Tweek went outside. They had a big field campus in the back of the school, with many picnic benches spread through out. He chose to walk as far away as he could, finding a bench that hid from the view of the school due to a tree. As Tweek rounded the tree, a boy in orange was already sitting there.

Tweek went to back off, but being seen made that decision become obsolete. Kenny waved him to sit down and join him, so Tweek did. He sat across from Kenny, and they shared a peaceful lunch together. Kenny didn't have to ask any questions to Tweek as to why he was out there sitting so far from the school. Kenny already some-what knew from what Tweek had told him the night of the party.

As they shared the lunch hour, they shared many conversations between each other. Both being open to chat up a storm. Kenny was the only 'out of the closest' student in the school, making Tweek felt very save to hang around him.

Of course, Tweek wasn't dumb either. He knew how much Kenny was a sex addict, and how befriending the teen could end in something that was over Tweek's head. Yet, Tweek sat there, letting Kenny flirt with him.

Tweek tried to forget his worries as he talked with Kenny, watching as how Kenny had not a single care in the world. Sure, Tweek was beyond giving up on his life, but he still had his anxiety tying him down. Maybe, Tweek thought, if he let Kenny influence him, he'd be truly carefree too.