17. Becoming Brave

Nearly two weeks went by from that Monday. Tweek had stayed as far as he could from the group. He didn't want to see Craig, Clyde, Leslie, or even Token. He had begun to open up to Kenny, and even getting flirty back. Things were moving quickly in Tweek's eyes, but rather slow in Kenny's. Kenny didn't mind though, he understood Tweek's weariness.

The day was a Friday, and as far as Craig knew, it would be like any other. To have himself be dragged around by Leslie, not even getting a single glimpse of Tweek. Though today was different, because Tweek had worked up some confidence while hanging around Kenny.

As the bell that signaled senior students to their lunch rang, Tweek caught up with Clyde and Token. They were walking together to lunch, taking their time to arrive fashionably late to their lunch table. Tweek paced beside them, not making any sound. Clyde and Token both stopped in their tracks before reaching the lunch room.

"Tweek? What do you think you're doing?" Clyde asked, pointing his finger in Tweek's direction.

"Nothing, just thought I'd join my friends to lunch." Tweek said innocently, gladly watching as Clyde blew air from his nose.

"Go away fag. You're not welcome."

"What are you going to do to stop me?"

"I could easily expose you to the school, that's all. The only reason it hasn't happen to spread yet, is because Craig has been so great to Leslie, who is a total loose cannon."

Tweek gulped at Clyde's words. He was right, Leslie could tell the whole school. Personally, Tweek was surprised no one knew yet. He was for sure he'd get an extra dose of hate from his peers. Tweek turned his head towards the sound of a annoying girl's voice. Leslie.

Tweek's eye twitched as he saw her and Craig walking together, hand in hand. He recoiled back a bit at the sight, something about it was not settling right in Tweek's stomach. Craig and Leslie stopped.

"Ew, what does the twink want?" Leslie asked Clyde, acting as if Tweek was some kind of object that couldn't understand her. Tweek's blood started to boil, making him clinch his fists.

"Who knows, let's just go to lunch. See you around, Twink." Clyde said calmly, as he strolled away into the cafeteria. Token followed immediately. Leslie dragging Craig with her soon after, glaring at Tweek. While Craig passively showed no emotions what so ever. He was acting as if he wasn't there at all. Craig's self conscious placed itself far away from everything happening, almost as if he was watching it happen from an outsiders perspective.

Lunch passed, and so did the rest of the day. Tweek came around again at the end of the day. He definitely had a new attitude about the group, thanks to talking with Kenny. Tweek's plan was to act as if he wasn't bothered by them, though he was, and join the group again. This time though, he was going to be a active member, more than a playing piece.

He planned to stop being a push over, and instead walk with the group with his head held high. Tweek figures, at this point, he has nothing to loose, so putting himself on the line was no worries. Or at least, that's what he kept telling himself as he thought of all the negative possibilities of joining the group again.

When the last bell of the day rang, and released all the teenagers flooding the halls. Tweek quickly walked out of the school, waiting beside the door for them to come walking out together.

Eventually, Token opened the door with a Clyde close behind him. Craig slowly trailing behind, Leslie not in sight. Craig felt exhausted from were Leslie had dragged him along side her all day. She had been doing this ever since they had there 'restart.' Craig spend most of his days zoned out so he wouldn't have to listen to her ramble on about every little detail of her day.

Craig was still slightly zoned out as he walked from the school. His headache slightly eased now that Leslie went off with her friends. As the group walked out the front doors, Tweek quickly stopped them.

"Hey -GaH- guys."

"What do you want now?" Clyde said, rolling his eyes. He did not want Tweek back around him. Craig had a clean reputation, and the closer Tweek got to him, the more dirt he got. Now that Craig knew Tweek was gay, Clyde hoped that Craig would disown him, which seem to be going great. Now, Tweek's trying to come back into the circle of friends like it was nothing, making Clyde very pissed off.

"I only wanted to see how you guys are doing. That's all."

"We are doing fine, now fuck off." Clyde spat, turning and walking away, dragging Token along with him. Clyde had been too quick to believe Craig would follow him. Craig stood in front of Tweek, who was annoyed at Clyde's quick dismissal.

"Hey Tweek, you know you shouldn't be around us..." Craig said softly. This whole situation was a mess. Tweek would be under extreme reticule if anyone found out he was gay, and Clyde and Leslie would love to slip up and tell the world. It was an unsaid deal that as long as Tweek stayed away, his secret would be safe. Yet, here Tweek was, pushing his limits.

"I don't c-care anymore Craig. I don't care about anything, anymore. As soon as this year is over, none of you will ever hear from me again. So why does it m-matter?"

Craig let out a soft sigh. He hated the weeks he had spend away from Tweek. He was bored out of his mind, and had nothing to spice up his life.

"Maybe, I'll come see you tonight, alright? We can talk about whatever."

"What? I don't k-know, I'll probably be asleep if it's late, and I have some where to go after school so..."

Tweek's body tensed up with a twitch. His hands quickly going into his hair and tugging at the strands.

"I got to go before my p-parents kill me! Ah!"

Tweek ran off from the school parking lot, and sprinted all the way home to go meet his parents. Once he got there, he had to get in the car and leave as quickly as he came.

Craig left school in his car, and stopped at a fast food place before heading home. By the time he was driving back home, Tweek and his family's car was already gone. Craig was determined to come by later then, Tweek and him needed to talk. Craig felt so blank in the days Tweek and him hadn't talked.

Tweek was like a fire, drawing Craig into his flame easily, since Craig lived in a dark, boring world.