14. Call Me

After the night at the party, came a relatively calm Sunday. For Craig, he went home and slept the night away, and ate a greasy breakfast in the morning to help with his small hangover. While Tweek, was mentally taking the time to process everything that happened.

Tweek's parents came back some time during the early morning, welcoming Tweek into the kitchen with a fast food breakfast. Though Tweek didn't eat much of it, because it was greasy and the fuel to stomach aches. Not to mention, by the time he got his food, it was cold. Tweek took a few bites that he could muster, and noted the food as unfit for eating.

While his parents weren't looking he dumped it into the trash, and pretended as if he ate it all. He hurried to the bathroom upstairs to get ready, hoping his parents didn't hear his growling stomach on the way up. A perfect Sunday morning for a scrawny, unhealthy Tweek. He didn't mind the hunger feeling that was gnawing at his stomach making it feel as if his whole stomach was inverting and eating itself. Instead, he took a nice warm shower, and soaked away all the pains of the night before.

Mid-way through the day, he did get a text for Craig. It was sloppily written, but Tweek didn't mind. He opened up the message on his phone and read it to himself.

'I'm sowry abt last nite' -C

Was Craig drunk or something, Tweek wondered. On the other side of the phone, was a lonely Craig who was feeling like a failure, and started to drink himself into a drunken stupor after his breakfast. He was waiting impatiently for some text from Tweek, anything at all. A long message about how Tweek felt was what he was expecting, forgetting that Tweek is a very closed off person.

'It's okay. What happened was not your fault. I'm fine, hope you are too, from the way you're texting' -T

Craig quickly opened his phone and scanned over the message over and over again. His drunken self was trying to decode a secret message that wasn't there. His head was spinning around, thinking of what to type next.

'Pleaze dont Be mad. I okay, you okay' -C

To Craig the message read a solid, 'Please don't be mad at me, I'm okay... are you sure you're okay though?' While Tweek, who was reading the real thing, was severely confused, and starting to get nervous. He wasn't sure if he was deciphering everything correctly, and not knowing made him anxious.

'I'm confused... Craig call me if you're not okay???' -T

Tweek felt like that would calm his nerves, and relieve him of the possibility Craig had gone crazy. Craig didn't know what exactly to do, but he read call, so he clicked the little call button.

///On phone///

"Craig! Please- AgH- tell me y-you are okay!?"

"Mmm, yes Tweeky, I'm fine. It's you who left home with K- *hic* Kenny. Are youuu okay?"

"Yes, I am okay. How d-do you know about me and Kenny? And what does t-that have to do with anything?"

"Well, Kenny's a prettyyyy wild guy, and I was just wondering..."

"GAH! Craig! No! Nothing like that happened! He gave me a ride home, that's it."

"Oh, *hic*, thats good news for meee."

"Alright, Craig... I'm going to go now, you seem to be a little too d-drunk. I don't think you know what you're talking about, so this is p-pointless. Bye Craig."

"Good bye Twe~"

///End call///

Craig felt so dumb, wishing to sober up suddenly. What did he say exactly? Did he make Tweek more mad? Pointless? Is that what this whole ordeal was to Tweek?

Craig when to go drink some water in hopes to recollect his phone call with Tweek. While Tweek, was really worried about Craig's well-being.

Craig had said, 'good news for me.'  Did Craig mean that, or is he so drunk he doesn't have control over his words? It was all too confusing for Tweek to comprehend, and felt best to end the call before Craig said something he wasn't supposed to hear. It's not like Tweek wanted to talk to Craig anyway. Tweek figured that Craig would no longer like him with his secret known.

Especially now that Leslie knows too, her speeding mouth could have it spread across the whole town in a matter of a few seconds. By Monday, who knows what would come of Tweek's fate during school. Rumors? Dirty words across his locker? A new set of bruises from the hard shoves of other kids? More than likely.

Tweek tried not to think about it though, the less it was on his mind, the better.  Tweek had already planned to use Kenny as his escape. Though Tweek didn't want to put that burden on Kenny, Tweek had no other friends to have by his side.

Craig probably hates him, when he's sober. Clyde and Leslie never liked him. Token was always passive aggressive about his hate. Now, Tweek only awaited more.

It was a sad world Tweek lived in. Nothing good came out of the town. Though, it was the last half of the year, which meant after the final tests; Tweek could finally leave. Tweek was very tired of fighting, everything exhausted him and made him feel as if he was stuck on loop. It was no life to live, it was a simple routine of all things that kept his body going.

Tweek can take one good look at himself, and take note of all the scars that traced his arms, the bruises, the smooth patches of unharmed skin that covered every inch it could. Tweek had always wondered how no one caught on to how fragile his skin was. Not a single kid at school ever called out his bandaged arms, and Tweek wondered if they even saw them.

Had their eyes become blind to all the obvious wounds? Or did they create a mental wall in their heads that stopped them from seeing it at all? If they could see them, would they even care?

Tweek couldn't pick a real reason to why no one looked at his skin as damaged. All Tweek could sum it up to was that: his scars were invisible to the naked eyes.

Whether they can't see it because they were too stupid to notice or too self conserved to even care to take them into account; it didn't matter. Tweek's scars still remained invisible and unknown.