18. What's Wrong

When Tweek got back home, he was already exhausted as always. This time was different though, physical and mentally he was always tired, but this time he was emotionally tired.

They had gotten some bad news while they were gone, but Tweek couldn't say he didn't expect it. He knew it was coming, for so long, he knew. His parents were acting more devastated than him. Immediately leaving the house for the night, like they did when things got hard at home. They just left, leaving Tweek to face his struggles alone.

Tweek trekked to his bed, and slipped into some pajamas. He wore fuzzy pants-like pajamas that he had gotten at the local Walmart. They were red and black plaid, since they were out of green ones. They were fairly new, and were softer than most blankets. He crawled in to bed shirtless, and closed his eyes as soon as his head hit the pillow. He couldn't sleep though, his mind was running.

He had never been sad over his diagnosis in the longest time, but now he was feeling his chest grow tight. He didn't want to go on, but yet his whole body rejected the thought. Something inside him wanted him to go on and live.

Tweek purposely set himself emotionally away from everyone around him. He was careful not to get attached or get emotionally connected to anyone he talked with. Yet, he was hurting over what was happening to him.

Tweek let the tears flow from his eyes, loudly crying into his pillow. Not a soul could hear his heart aching in the empty house. Tweek closed his eyes and cried. He hated crying, he hated everything about it.

In the moment, he hated everything. The people who were supposed to be his friends, his parents, the whole entire world. He couldn't think of a single thing that could help calm his tears.

Until he felt a buzz from his phone he had on his night stand. He slowly blinked away his blurry vision and looked at the phone.

'Hey Tweek, hope your home, cause I'm in your tree again. Help me in?' -C

Tweek felt a sad smile tug at his lips. Why now did Craig have to come? Tweek wasn't mad, he just didn't know what to do or say. The tears on his cheeks kept slipping out, as if his eyes had held back a flood like a dam, only now being broken.

Tweek slowly made his way to his window on the other side of his bed. He opened up the window, seeing a goofy looking Craig trying to balance on the branch of the tree. Craig reached his hands out for Tweek to take in his own, pulling Craig into safety. Tweek kept his head down as much as he could, quickly closing the window.

Craig had already plopped himself down on Tweek's bed, looking at the tear covered pillow beside him. Tweek sniffled up his tears, and wiped his face with his arm. Craig didn't know what was happening, but he was worried to how Tweek managed to leave so much water stains on his pillow.

"Tweek, are you okay?"

Tweek shook his head, his tears starting to flow again. Seeing Craig made his heart hurt more for some reason. Tweek hated knowing what the pain meant, Tweek was becoming attached to Craig. Whether he liked it or not, he wanted to have some one who cared about him, and Craig was laying in front of him, almost as if fate itself chose Craig to be that person.

Tweek whole body was shaking as he stood beside his bed, his head feeling hot from pressure building up. Craig grabbed Tweek by his arms, and pulled Tweek onto the bed, wrapping him in a well-needed hug.

Tweek's small body rested on top of Craig's chest. It was calming Tweek, the slow and steady rising and falling of Craig's chest, the warmth of his arms, the comfort of another human.

Tweek practiced not getting close to anyone for so long, but laying with Craig and crying into his chest, made him wish he had gotten closer to him sooner.

Craig whispered into Tweek's hair as he cried, telling Tweek everything was going to be okay. Craig didn't know why Tweek was crying, but he summed it up to be because of everything that was going on at school.

He'd be scared too, if his deepest secret was in the hands of two awful people. Craig didn't want this fate for Tweek. He wanted Tweek to be happy and carefree. He hated seeing Tweek be pushed further and further away from him.

Seeing Tweek so broken in front of him, changed him. Craig never thought of other people, and how they felt, but seeing Tweek like this opened his eyes. He wanted to know more about Tweek, he wanted to help Tweek feel like he fit in, and he wanted Tweek to be happy.

Craig's heart opened for the first time, in a very long time. Craig always closed himself off to others. He didn't like emotions, he felt that they made a person weak. Which was mostly true, but emotions can empower people too.

Craig squeezed Tweek in his grip, making Tweek big watery eyes look up at Craig. Tweek face was red, and his nose was even running from all the crying. The smeared water sat around the creases of his eyes, that looked very irritated.

"Hey Tweek, don't worry about Clyde and Leslie. I don't care anymore, I'm going to be your friend in and out of school. Alright? We're going to get through this."

Though Craig wasn't spot on with his reason of why Tweek was crying, Tweek didn't care. His whole body pressing against Craig for all the comfort he could get. His body had forgotten what it was like to be touched gently.

Everything Tweek had been touched by in the past weeks, was the pushes from the kids around the school, and Kenny's rough hands sneaking around under his shirt. Both touches had no compassion in them, they were needy touches that meant nothing. This. Craig's hug. That was different. This meant everything and more, to both of them.

"Thank you, Craig. I really n-needed this."

"I know, I know. Life's a bitch, but the least I could do is help kick its ass with you."

Tweek let out a choked laugh at Craig words, it was a sad, weak laugh, but a laugh nonetheless.  Tweek fell asleep on Craig's chest, and Craig laid there stroking Tweek hair.

Craig wasn't fully sure why he was doing it, but it felt right. Everything felt right. Craig knew he wanted to stay like this for longer, but eventually he slowly tore his body from Tweek's. He left Tweek to sleep, and left out the front door.

Craig was determined to fix things at school before it ended. He wanted to make his last year of high school worth count. He wanted to feel like he wasn't a pain to everyone around him for once. He just wanted to be himself, and be happy.

Invisible Scars (Creek)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें