24. Clinched Fists

Tweek woke up to his blaring alarm as he had predicted. He quickly stopped the noise by slapping his hand on his phone. He was debating getting up and going to school, but his enter consciousness decided for him.

He let his sore arms and legs stretch before slipping out of the bed. His whole body was aching, and he had a slight limp. Tweek grabbed a baggy sweat shirt and pair of pants from his closet. He wanted something that covered his skin while also not being tight on the skin so it wouldn't chafe his injuries.

He waddled into his bathroom across the hallway and got changed. Only now was he taking in how he looked. A swollen cheek, a black eye, and a whole chest full of purple bruises. Tweek was fascinated that it was possible for his body to create such awful shades.

He made sure any open cuts were covered well before heading out the door. His parents seemed non-existent, as they were still not home. Back when Tweek was younger, he was terrified when his parents left him alone.

Back then, Tweek would get paranoid that something might have happened to them if they weren't back in less than an hour. Young Tweek was always quick to jump to the worst possibilities, but now he simply lets those thoughts pile to the back of his mind. It was a unhealthy way of thinking that always plagued Tweek's mind, but he never got much help for it.

Besides his friends, that helped him through his panic attacks and paranoia. As kids, Tweek would be able to talk to his friends openly about how he felt. Now, he didn't even have those friends to talk with at all, not that he would tell them anything anyway. As Tweek grew older, him and all of his friends started to bottled up every emotion that swept through their mind.

As Tweek fantasized about the dog days of his childhood, he arrived at school. Tweek could almost see the dark, looming cloud coating the school with stress and depression. He sighed and let out a soft tick noise as he twitched, before walking inside the school.

The day was the same as yesterday in the classroom and hallways. Tweek had to feel as if he had a target on his back, and feel weary that he might get hit. He was on edge every second, and made sure he watched his back. It wasn't fun, but Tweek had no other way of protecting himself.

He wasn't a fighter, but he was a runner. Not in a wimpy way, he just hated being confronted and being forced to hurt someone. Even if a person tried to hurt him, he'd feel guilty if he willingly hurt them back. So to avoid fights, Tweek made sure to watch his back and not draw attention to himself.

The whole school probably knew he was gay by now, and Tweek hated it. What gender he is attracted to was his business, not the drama-hungry teens around him. Sadly, Tweek had no say in the matter anyway, and it was all because of Clyde.

Tweek had never hated him more, but he couldn't do anything to get back at him. Most of Clyde's words didn't reach Tweek's ears yesterday, but the ones Tweek did hear, didn't matter to him. Tweek saw it as Clyde's justification for what he's done, and Tweek didn't believe there is anyway possible to justify all that he has ruined. Tweek didn't have any friends, besides Kenny, and he had no protection at all.

Tweek had spent so long building up walls around him and his secrets, only to have Clyde break them down in front of everyone. Tweek felt exposed, as if anyone could break him down at any moment. Tweek didn't want to keep all these secrets in, but he did it for his own well-being. Now that Clyde had gotten the word spread around about Tweek being gay, Tweek didn't have the safety he once had.

Tweek went through the rest of the day hugging the walls of the hallway, the last thing he wanted was confrontation. When lunch time came, Tweek was shaking and twitching as he practically sprinted through the halls to go outside. The last thing he wanted was a repeat of yesterday.

He pushed open the door to the back of the school and walked outside. He looked around to see Craig sitting alone at a table. He froze, he hadn't even thought to see if Craig was involved with what's going on. Tweek knew that people thought he was gay, so he kept his distance from Craig in hopes to not make people think he was gay too.

Tweek was frozen, debating to go speak to Craig or to not. It was a Wednesday, and he had managed to avoid Craig every day since Monday. Craig looked to be deep in thought as he stared at his phone screen. Tweek went to take a step forward only to be pulled back.

A firm hand landed on his shoulder, while another cover his mouth. Tweek slowly raised his head to look at who grabbed him. He was met with the devilish smirk of Clyde Donavan.

Clyde quickly walked him away to the side of the school, the same spot as yesterday. A secluded area where no one ventured attentionality.

"How's those wounds doing, buddy?" Clyde said, slightly lifting his hand away from Tweek's mouth.

"How do you think, asshole?"

"Someone's feeling spiteful today... Anyway, I wanted to start you off with warning, three guys from the football team will be coming to get out their anger on you, in just about a minute. I want you to fight back, because I'm looking forward to seeing a good fight. So, do good, and maybe I can let you have it easy tomorrow? Yeah, that sounds like a plan."

"What the f-fuck are you getting out of this?"

"Oh! I'm glad you asked! I like seeing people fight, it brings me joy. So don't disappoint!"

Tweek squirmed in Clyde's grip, but Clyde only dug his fingers deeper into Tweek's shoulder. Three boys that Tweek didn't really recognize started walking towards them. They were definitely on the football team, as seen from their size. Tweek froze, wondering what he should do.

Fight back, to get Clyde off his back, or let them hurt him endlessly? Tweek thought of what someone else might do in this situation. Tweek knew Craig would have fought, to show the guys that he's not one to mess with. Tweek also knew that Kenny would have chosen to fight, just for the hell of it.

Tweek wanted to change, only a little. He wanted to change just enough to not feel guilty for fighting back. So in those moments, he clinched his fists, and sent a small prayer to Jesus for his troubles. It was time for Tweek to finally stand up for himself.

A/N) sorry for the long wait between updates, it's finals time at my school and I've had a lot of work to do. Thanks for all the support from you guys reading!!