27. Calm

The week was soon to end, it was now Thursday and Tweek was rushing to school. He walked to school the majority of the time, rarely taking the bus. He didn't want to face the day, but he hoped Clyde would keep his promise of 'going easy on him.'

When he got to school, he immediately felt the eyes of others looking down upon him. He attempted to filter it out, but it was no use. He couldn't manage to stop feeling as if the whole world was judging his actions and personality.

Tweek went by his locker to see Craig waiting there for him. Tweek cleared away his worries and walked over to see Craig.

"Good morning Tweek, want me to walk you to your classes?"

"Ah- um- I don't know if that's such a good idea..."

"Oh, well if you don't want to, that's okay."

Craig began to walk away, looking disappointed as he ventured down the hall. He was looking forward to walking with Tweek, especially this week. Having a school silently pent against him wasn't the best, and he had his hopes up to hang out with Tweek. Tweek was going to be his distraction from the harsh reality of the school.

Tweek was the flash of disappointment of Craig's face, and stumbled to walk forth and follow him.

"Wait! Gah! Craig, don't leave yet. We can walk together." Tweek said as he paced behind Craig, grabbing the sleeve of his jacket. Craig turned his head to look at Tweek and grinned. He practically beamed, and his joy seemed to spread to Tweek; making Tweek start to smile too.

They both walked to Tweek's classes for half of the day. Tweek felt like he was being chauffeured around, which did bring his nerves down, to some extent. Craig was just happy to have someone to walk with. He hated walking alone in the hallways nowadays.

He proudly strode Tweek around, making sure to glare at anyone who stared back at him. He even saw Leslie at one point, who just gave him an ashamed look. Craig immediately flipped her off, with the roll of the eyes.

When lunch rolled around, Tweek began to get nervous again. Instead of dashing out as fast as possible, he went into the bathroom by his locker. He walked in, and immediately locked himself inside one of the stalls.

The loose latch clinked as it moved, and Tweek watched as it barely locked the door shut. Tweek stepped a small step back and looked towards the walls. "Mrs. Chokesondik is Satan" and "call this # for blowjob" was displayed in sharpie written in bold letters. Tweek smiled at how so many people came in the stall with writing utensils.

Tweek pulled his phone out and texted Craig to meet him here. In the mean time, he waited for Craig to arrive and busied himself with reading the dirty words that was engraved in the stall's walls. When Tweek heard steps inter the room, Tweek quickly clasped his hands over his mouth to stifle his squeak of surprise.

"Tweek?"

Tweek heard his voice being called by the familiar voice, and used his shaky hands to undo the latch on the door before leaping out.

"Craig!" Tweek yelped as he stumbled out of the stall, nearly colliding with the tall boy in blue.

"Excited to see me?" Craig teased with a smirk.

"A little? Ah, um... I just..." Tweek thought to justify his excitement but he couldn't manage to tell Craig that Clyde was forcing him to be in fights. Tweek felt safe around Craig, and was grateful for his presence.

Craig gave a small huff of a laugh to Tweek's reply. He felt comfortable enough to let a smile drift to his lips when he was around Tweek. He had no control over his face when Tweek was present.

"So um, how has your day been?" Tweek said to break the silence.

"Okay. It's better now though."

"W-ah-why is that?"

"Because I'm with you."

"W-what?" Tweek said under his breath as he processed Craig's reply. Craig hadn't thought twice when he let it slip from his lips. Only now was he realizing what he had said as he watched Tweek's eyes dart around awkwardly.

"No homo." Craig quickly said, leaning backwards slightly to create more room between Tweek and his faces.

"Oh... y-yeah." Tweek nodded in agreement, quickly realizing that he had mistaken Craig words for something more. Tweek shook off the words by settling on the fact that his mind was jumping to odd conclusions.

"So, are we spending lunch in here or?" Craig questioned, shoving his hands down into his jacket's pockets.

"Well, do you -ah- think we should skip school? We don't have to or anything... I j-just think it'll be more... enjoyable?"

"Sure." Craig said nonchalantly, as he began to walk out of the bathroom; not bothering to look back. Tweek's steps could be heard behind Craig as they exited the school through the front door. The poor maintenance of the school resulted in no teacher catching Tweek and Craig as they left.

They walked from the school grounds, and left in Craig's car. Craig drove them to the large parking lot of the local Whole Foods and parked far away from every other car. Tweek attempted to calmly go along with everything but his anxiety was yet to settle as he clung to his own shirt.

"You alright, Tweek?"

"Gah, um, of course."

"There's mo reason to cover when you're around me. If you're uncomfortable with me, you can just say so. I'd understand."

"No! I'm just stressed! That's all..."

"Alright, me too." Craig gave a weak, half smile in Tweek's direction. Tweek settled back into the car seat and let out a deep sigh. He was tired, and was only now realizing how much his body was craving sleep. Tweek bent his knees slightly onto the seat, and let his head rest facing Craig.

Before Tweek knew it, he accidentally drifted to sleep. Craig didn't want to wake Tweek seeing him sleeping so peacefully. It was a contrast from Tweek's normal, raised-shoulder stance.

Craig shamelessly watched the steady rise and fall of Tweek's chest. Tweek curled into a ball as he slept, silently snoozing away time. Craig felt calm watching Tweek, and nearly fell asleep himself.

After a few short hours, Craig decided he should take Tweek home. He slowly started his car and drove Tweek home. When they arrived, Craig was reluctant to wake Tweek up.

Eventually he pulled himself together and was brave enough to wake Tweek up. A small shake on the shoulder made Tweek stir right up.

"GaH! Where am I?!"

"It's okay Tweek, I took you home."

"O-oh... thanks man."

"No problem. But I have a small question: where are your parents?"

"Ah- well, they left for a little vacation. They'll be back s-some time..."

"Alrighty then. Anyway, I guess this is goodbye.  So goodbye Tweek."

"Oh yeah! Um- Bye Craig!" Tweek said peppily as he got out of the car. He gave Craig a wave before he entered his house. He slowly heard the noise of Craig's car disappear into the distance.

Tweek smiled thinking of how Craig let him sleep for so many hours without disruption. Tweek was happy knowing he had Craig, and that maybe he could trust him.

Foolish or not, Tweek began to trust Craig to be a good, honest friend to him.

————————
A/N) guys I'm so sorry I've been gone. Finals are finally over and school will be out soon. These past weeks at school has been all testing and it's been wild, but I'm back now.