28. The Storm

Friday. The day the school week came to an end. Only to start back up two days later, but nonetheless, it was still a break between the end of the week from the beginning.

Tweek had once again walked to school. He strode in with jumpy steps as he paced to his locker. Craig hadn't came in yet because he slept through his alarm, so Tweek would end up walking to his first block class alone.

Craig had came to school by second block and began walking Tweek to his classes. Tweek enjoyed having Craig there to block him from the stares. Craig was glad knowing Tweek was safe. Both of them were equally glad the week would be over in hopes everyone would forget the drama.

Schools had a weird way of working. Sure, none of the teens would forget what happened, but eventually they'd hop on a new topic. They never let one thing be the topic of gossip for much more than a week, usually. That's what kept Tweek going for the moment, he stayed hoping and wishing for everyone to let it pass.

By lunch of that day, Tweek wanted to go speak to Kenny. Only to update him on his own circumstances, after all he saw Kenny as somewhat of a friend. Tweek was a bit nervous walking through the halls alone. He was becoming accustomed to having a towering Craig by his side.

Tweek walked to the back of the school until he came upon the doors leading out. Fear ran through the tips of his fingers as they clung to the doors' handles. Anything but a repeat of what had happened before, he whispered out to himself before slowly opening the doors.

Tweek took a few steps out, then paused for a moment. He looked around him, and time seemed still. No birds chirping, no breeze blowing, not even a leaf stirred.

It felt odd. This school never had a moments of peace before, so why now? Tweek's hairs on the back of his neck stood up, he knew something was wrong. Tweek took a few more steps out into the onlooking field.

Tweek began to walk out to the farthest point in the field, where he usually sits. Tweek felt like he was in a game, and the bench behind the tree was his only safety from the monsters that await him. Tweek quickened his pace out of fear.

As he continued to walk, the noise of the world around him seemed to come back. The crunch of leaves was what he heard first.

Those that were not his own. The echoed behind him, making Tweek quickly spin around. Clyde. The same group of guys as before.

Tweek didn't take the time to take in their faces or who they were. Tweek didn't want to know which of the kids he had grown up around had turned out like this. Though, Clyde's face was unavoidable. His evil smirk hiding his frustration and sadness that could only be seen in his eyes.

Tweek raised his fists in reaction, but they were grabbed too quickly. Tweek struggles against their grip but it only caused a burning pain. Tweek bit a boys finger as it came near him, but it was no use.

Now the boys had moved Tweek to the place they had fought in before. Except they weren't alone. Many senior students had gathered around to watch. Some in curiously, some in fear, some in excitement, all of them huddled around in a mess.

Tweek was quickly tossed down on the ground, quickly a circle of students forming around him. Clyde stepped into the clearing, looking down at Tweek.

"Looks like we're the main attraction, huh Tweek?"

Tweek kicked his leg at Clyde's in just the right way that made Clyde's knees drop to the ground. Clyde quickly hoped back up and dusted himself off, grumbling a mess of curses. Tweek grinned, and picked his own self off the ground.

"Screw all of you." Tweek spat, raising both hands to flip the bird. Clyde frowned, and took the first swing towards Tweek. A solid hit to the cheek. Tweek quickly pushed Clyde off of him, pining him down on the ground.

"What the f-fuck do you want from me, man?" Tweek said hitting Clyde's jaw before reaching up to his own hair to tug at. Clyde kicked his leg, moving Tweek off of him.

Clyde didn't know what he was doing anymore. He was at a loss for reasons. His 'mommy issues'? His pent up anger from his falling reputation? His need to feel accomplished or accepted by others?

Clyde landed continuous blows onto Tweek's face and stomach. Tweek attempted to block it, but he could find a chance to get out of it. Pain tingled in Tweek's limbs, and his heart raced.

A sudden noise erupted from the crowd. A loud voice calling out Tweek's name in worry, slowly becoming closer in distance over a short time.

"Tweek?!"

Craig's voice bursted through the crowd. His figure casting a shadow over Tweek for a spilt moment. Craig quickly pushed Clyde off Tweek and went to hitting Clyde. Tweek slowly brought himself up again only to be brought down by a few other boys. Craig quickly turned to remove them from Tweek.

The fight may have been considered fair due to it only being Tweek and Clyde, but now that Craig joined, more and more others joined in.  Some in the crowd noticed the unfair amount fighting, and pulled some of the people fighting off.

After a batch of bruises, and small cuts, the fight was pulled apart. Most people gathered lost interest, or didn't want to be caught watching. Others got pulled away by their friends, or decided that Tweek and Craig had gotten what they deserved. The rest fled the scene when the lunch bell rang to signal lunch was over.

Clyde was surprisingly one of the earliest to leave the fight that he had brought on. His mental shape was draining fast, and he knew it. He wanted to go think about things alone for a while. He wanted to think over how Tweek's face looked in pain, and how Craig didn't hesitate to hit him.

Clyde was spiraling down a dark path, and he was realizing it too late. He knew he had messed up beyond repair. Did he care about what others really thought of him? Maybe a little, but not enough to loose his closest friends.

Clyde left school to go home to Token's house, since he had a spare key. The house was big and quiet, vaguely lonely. Clyde texted Token and said "I need help. I'm at your house too. I don't know where else to go."

Token didn't skip school for Clyde, but he texted Clyde and told him that he'll come to him as soon as possible. Token felt his heart strings pull and he hated knowing Clyde had that kind of power over him. He simply wanted Clyde and him to be happy, no matter where they are in life.

While this went on, Craig and Tweek laid on the ground next to each other. They both watched the clouds pass by in silence. Tweek was out of words, and didn't know what he could say that would make things seem better. Craig just wished he could have come sooner, and that he could find away to make Tweek more comfortable.

Craig wanted Tweek to smile, to be healed, to feel safe. That's all he wished for as he let his gaze rest on Tweek's face. Tweek's cheek was swollen, and his eyes were glazed with water. Tweek's eyes danced back and forth as he looked through the sky, searching for the unknown answers of the world.

Craig brought his hand to Tweek's cheek, a sad smile sweeping over his face. Craig wanted to protect Tweek from all the harsh realities of the world. Tweek turned his body towards Craig, placing his hand on Craig's, that still rested on Tweek's cheek.

Tweek smiled as he saw how much Craig's face looked worried for him. Tweek wanted to reassure Craig that he was okay, so he smiled the dorkiest smile he could. He closed his eyes as he did so, and a tear slipped out and down his face. Craig brought his forehead to rest on Tweek's, and let himself calm down from the fight.

He thought to himself, as long as Tweek's smiling, everything will work out okay.