The Pain

Here is the next update. But before that let's take a look what happened before 😉

Last conversation

" Janki, I said I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you " said Shekhar coming behind her. "But you hurt me, Shekhar" said Janki in a pained voice. "I know and I am sorry for that. It's just that I can't think straight when it concerned Ragu " said he bending his head. " But that doesn't mean you will put finger on my love for her. " said she little angry. " It was you who hadn't accepted her as your child in the first place, it was you who took her from beside me while I was sleeping to leave her to an orphanage. It was you Shekhar, not me. How can you blame me that I don't care about her when the truth is that ...It was me only who brought her in this house when you left few months old child crying with her dead mother " shouted Janki full riled up and Shekhar bent his head ashamed.

Janki realized what all she said and about to apologize to him when they here a cracking sound. They turned towards the sound and their eyes widened to see Ragini standing there dumbfounded. " Ragu " Shekhar rushed towards her panicked. He was about to place his hand on her shoulder when she backed away looking at him with painful eyes. " baba...??? " she stepped back little. Shekhar forwarded his hand to touch her but she shouts loudly. " No.....!!!!" She took further stepped back and bumped into Mishu. " Ragu..." Mishu started to say something when she looked at her in a distraughted way. "J..Jaanu, B..baa..baba " said Ragini in cracking voice and a sob escaped from her lips. She gave a last look to Shekhar, who was looking at her with pained and ashamed eyes, and rushed towards her room with tears flowing from her eyes continuously.

Now here we go 🤗🤗

It's been two days that anyone hear Ragini's voice. She hadn't come out from her room. After very much insistence from Avi, she allowed him to her room but he too was unable to make her lips curl into a small smile. Everybody was devastated seeing their bundle of joy like this. Just like Ragini, Shekhar too refused to meet anyone. Janki's heart was cursing herself to see her husband crying like an eight year old kid,sobbing uncontrollably, feeling ashamed and guilty for his deed. Mishu was trying to pacify her Mom, who looked like she will broke down at any moment. She kept looking in between the rooms where Ragini and Shekhar locked themselves.

"Did she eat something..?? " Janki looked at Avi with hopeful eyes but he shook his head in negative. A tear tripped down from her already soaking eyes and Mishu squeezed her palm." Should I talk to her,again ..?? "asked Mishu wiping her own tears. She tried to talk to Ragini but all she got was her silence and blank stare. "It's all my fault, Mishu. It's all my fault.....!!! If I hadn't said those spiteful things to Shekhar then Ragu will never got to know anything..!! It's all my fault" Janki burst into tears collapsing on the floor. Mishu put her hand over her mouth and chocked on her sob as she looked at her mother broken.

Ragini was sitting in her room dragging her knees to her chest and encircling her arms around them. Her eyes showed no emotions as she kept looking at the picture on her wall. It was their family picture, when Avi was born. Mishu was holding Avi and Shekhar was holding Ragini in one hand and encircling another hand around Janki's shoulder. She wasn't a child that time who need the holding but Shekhar did it saying, she will always be a child to him and she agreed on this immediately. Now it feels like all the things that happened till now was a complete lie. Her father who meant the world to her, didn't want her as his child in the first place. Her eyes felt dry as she kept looking at the picture emotionless.

*****************************************************

"Will Ragu didi never talk with us..??" Avi looked at her mother and sister painfully. His voice cracked while he utter those words. "Shh...She will be back as our Ragu Baccha soon, Avi." Mishu held her little brother in her embrace and he bit his lips to hold his cry. "I want my Ragu di back, Maa...I want my Baba back" He looked at Janki with trembling lips and red eyes and Janki encircled her arms around them with teary eyes.