ch 3: Marriage proposal

Kiran knew the press members wanted to get details about her but they were cautious, they would only release the information given to them by the media advisor hired by Raizada group.

Mr Raizada smiled at her and then said,'' You are as beautiful as I have heard from my son, Miss Kiran Singhania.''

Kiran remained quiet. She had never met this man before, even though she knew about him and at one time had been looking forward to meet him.

Her head start to hurt. Adiraj never let her hand go and slowly introduced her to each and every person in the party. She didn't say anything because She was too tired. She was not going to be his wife and these people didn't matter to her. She was not going to meet them again.

After some time, they finally found themselves alone in a quite corner.

Kiran,''I am tired, I want to go home.''

Adiraj, ''It's too early, let's have dinner and then I will drop you off.''

Kiran wrapped her arms around herself and gazed quietly outside the window, her face showing her disinterest in everything around her.

He had expected her to shout, to be angry but she was quiet. It scared him a bit. Why was it so hard for him to understand this woman. His eyes moved to the light scar on temple. ''How did you get that scar?''

Kiran just stared outside the window. He stared at her in loss. Until he had lost her, he hadn't realised how much he lovef her. He had been searching  for her for these past 2 years. It was a miracle that he was finally able to find her.

He wanted to touch her to see if She was real or just a figment of his imagination. He slowly reached out and caressed her hand. There was no reaction. It was like she was a statue.

He held her hand and slightly pressed it. She looked at him, the big brown eyes showed no recognition. There was a time these eyes would look at him with all the love in world. No matter how rude he got with her, she had been always gentle and calm. He felt the loss deepen in his heart. He had hurt her but she really loved him. She would forgive him,won't she?

He took her out of the room, up the stairs into his own room. He ordered dinner for them and sat down on sofa. He loosened his tie. She had never been to this house but there was no sign of curiosity from her. She moved to window on the wall opposite to him. It was the place which put her at most distance from him.

Kiran turned to look back at him and her eyes got locked onto the wallpaper. It was her picture from a function. It covered the whole wall. Her eyes showed her surprise. He slowly got up and walked over to her and confessed,'' I missed you.''

She turned her back to him and stared outside. He moved closer and pulled her into a back hug,'' I never thought you would be so angry. You left me for 2 years.'' He moved his face closer to her hairs and inhaled her scent,'' Take responsibility for your actions. You said you will always love me and you will never leave me.''

He left a kiss on her temple where the scar was and Kiran pushed him away. Her eyes were burning with anger,'' what do you want? Why are you playing these games?''

Adiraj,''No games. I honestly love you.''

Kiran felt the pain in her heart at hearing these words, he had said these words earlier but they were just words with no real meaning for him,''You can't love anyone.You... I know that....I know you.....don't know why you are playing this game but please stop. I beg you. I have realised my mistake, I shouldn't have disturbed you. I shouldn't have barged in your life, I had no right to love you. I know my wrongs but please forgive me. It's been so many years, let me live in peace. I came today to apologise for Mrs shukla. She was trying to protect me. She is just a fierce old woman. Leave her family alone.''

Adiraj gazed at her beautiful face, ''I will let her go because you asked me but I do love you. As much as I am capable of loving a woman. I am sincere this time.''

Kiran,''I don't want your love.''

Adiraj didn't say anything and just stared at her for few moments,''what have you got to loose? You are single,have no family, no money, nothing...if you marry me, I will give you everything. Think logically for once in your life.''

Kiran,''I won't marry you.''

Adiraj sighed and sat down on sofa,'' don't make me force you.''

Chaandhni balled her hands in fists,'' my answer is same.''

They stared at each other across the room. Chaandhni knew She could not give in. She loved him, after every thing She still loved him but She couldn't live with him. He was controlling, cynical and manipulative. He never backed off and it hurt her because her emotions were involved.

He got up and went to table in corner, he opened it and took out an envelope. He gave it to her. She opened it. A few pictures fell down. She trembled as She went to pick them up. They were her pictures. Her hands trembled and She looked at him.

Adiraj,''These are the ones where you are alone. I have got other set's of pictures and even a movie. If they got released....''

He left the sentence unfinished.

Kiran's legs slowly gave out as she sat on floor.

Adiraj,'' I will set the wedding date for next month. You are going to stay here in the meantime.''