ch 14: My girlfriend

Chapter 14

Adiraj and Kiran arrived at the party together. For a moment there was a complete hush in the hall. Everyone knew about the history between Adiraj and Kiran.

Adiraj gently put his arm around Kiran's waist and walked inside through the doorway.

He stopped after taking few steps, his eyes searched for his friends. His eyes caught Rahul's eyes. Rahul and rest of the members of his inner circle walked toward them.

Rahul causually greeted them like there was no awkwardness. Like many members of this group hadn't catcalled and thrown insults at Kiran in the past.

Adiraj,'' why is it so quiet, no music today?''

Rahul,'' I know, don't know what are these people doing. This party is so boring.''

At that moment, the guy who had hosted the party joined them. His name was Aarav. He smiled at Adiraj and ignored Kiran.

Aarav,'' Welcome to the party Adiraj.''

Adiraj smiled back,'' No music?''

Aarav,'' There was some issue with the dj, he was late. He will be coming soon.''

Adiraj nodded.

Rahul,'' Finally exams are over. Now we can all chill.''

Adiraj,'' You chill anyway.''

All of them laughed together.

Kiran tried to smile but She was feeling uncomfortable. Everyone seem to be ignoring her.

She tried to shift away from Adiraj,'' Adiraj I need a drink, I will be right back.''

But Adiraj tightened his hold on her waist,'' what would you like?, aarav where are the waiters?''

At that moment, one waiter came toward the group carrying tray filled with glasses.

Adiraj asked Kiran again,'' what would you like?''

Kiran looked at the tray,'' soft drink.''

The waiter moved the tray closer to Kiran but Adiraj picked up the glass and handed it to her.

Adiraj,'' You look bored, do you want to stay or do you want to go out, so something else?''

He was asking the question in front of everyone, and from his face it was clear that it Kiran said She wanted to go then he will go. This was surprising for his friends. He was the one who usually decided everything and he had never given importance to any of his previous girlfriends.

And everyone knew that Kiran was not even his girlfriend, so what was going on?

Aarav noticing it changed his behaviour toward Kiran,'' Kiran if you are feeling uncomfortable about anything, just let me know, I will help you.''

Kiran was feeling confused, She had just asked for a drink and Adiraj had stretched it to so much more.

She politely smiled at Aarav, She couldn't say now that She wanted to go because that would be rude. She told Adiraj,'' No, I am okay. Let's stay for a bit.''

Adiraj nodded,'' As you wish. Anyway, I think now that my friends are here, let's share the good news with them all.''

He smiled at Kiran and announced to his friends,'' I think you all know Kiran and Kiran know you all but today I want to introduce her to everyone again, Kiran here is now my girlfriend and most important person in my life now. So, if you need any favours from me, you know who to bribe.''

He said the last part with his usual smirk but those who knew him they immediately understood that he was being very serious. He was declaring that they all need to be nice to Kiran.

Kiran moved her hands through her hair and flicked them back as She listened to Adiraj's announcement. He was being so formal. Then, She heard his last words and a smile bloomed on her face. She looked at him with adoration. He was making sure that no one in his group would be nasty to her and it worked.

His friends and their girlfriends were behaving friendly. One girl even complimented her dress and asked from where She got it. Kiran told her favourite designer name and the other girl looked at her with disdain,'' You know that designer has a long waiting list and he is very selective, he never designs until he has met the person, he is currently in paris, then how could you have got this dress today?''

Kiran sipped the juice and replied,'' I have been his regular since last ten years, even before he became so famous. He always hold some pieces for me in case I need it for a function.''

The girl looked at her,'' You? How come..''

Kiran looked straight into her eyes and gave her the answer,'' I think not many people know my background, I am Kiran, Kiran Singhania''

The girl looked confused for a moment and then realisation dawned on her face,'' The singhanias!''

Kiran nodded and looked away. The girl looked at her and then at Adiraj, these two were really match made in heaven. Both looked so good together and both were so rich and belonged to such powerful families. She thanked god that She had never insulted this girl.

Adiraj who was talking with his friends but listening to Kiran talk with that girl watched the other girl make a hasty excuse and go away. She was probably going to spread the news to other people in the party.

He approved, his purpose for bringing her here was so that everyone would know her real identity and also know that She belonged to him, Adiraj Singh Raizada.

Everyone was talking and enjoying themselves now that dj was finally here. Already couples were dancing in the middle of room, foots moving with the beats of music.

Adiraj who had not let go of Kiran for even a moment, his hand possessively lying across her waist winked at her and said,'' Let's dance.''

Kiran nodded happily as they moved toward the dance floor, all She wanted was Adiraj to herself and on dance floor they could lose themselves in music and each other. And that what happened, the two of them let go of their thoughts and danced, their body dilating with the music and enjoying each other.

Many people watching from the sides noticed the couple, the way their hands touched each other, the glances, and the way they moved with music and with each other.

A photographer took the pictures of the couple and then, took a few solo ones of Kiran. He intended to put them on his web page.

He moved a bit left to take a full shot of her, suddenly his eyes met Adiraj Singh Raizada. A lazy smile flaShed on Adiraj's face and he winked at him. The guy smiled back, even though he didn't know this guy. Wow what a smile, it made people feel relax and made them feel like they were best friend with this person.

Adiraj looked away and pulled Kiran closer to him, so close that not even an inch separated them. His eyes roamed the room and found Rahul standing in corner. It was Rahul's turn today to stay sober. He and Adiraj took turns during these parties.

Rahul's eyes met Adirajs and Adiraj looked at the photographer and then back at Rahul. Rahul looked toward the man and the camera in his hand. He nodded slightly to Adiraj and went toward the man.

Adiraj looked down when he felt soft lips touching his neck. She was wearing heels and leaning up, so now She could reach his neck. He moved his fingers through her hairs and let her kiss him.