ch 26 : I am not weak

Kiran forcefully turned her face away at the last moment, so that his lips brushed her cheek instead of lips. Her head hurt because he had been holding onto her hairs.

Kiran,'' I am Kiran Singhania Adiraj, always remember it. I have done what you wanted because I loved you. If for a moment you thought that I am weak or I will bend down, then you don't know me.'' She paused as she turned to stare into his eyes and then, said,'' Do whatever you want to do. Print the pictures, publish the movie. Force me but you will be only forcing me into the arms of others who will be swooping in to take their chances. '

He glared at her for a bit and then, he slowly calmed down in front of her eyes; with an appreciative glint in his eyes he said,'' Well played. I can't do anything with those pictures except may be frame them and put in my private room.''

Kiran wasn't happy at the compliment,'' let me go.'' She asked him.

Adiraj kept his grip firm,'' You will be back here anyway, why waste time?''

Kiran knew that if she stayed close to him her own resolve will break down. She was emotionally involved. It was not a game for her.

Kiran,'' why are you so heartless? You are not even pretending to be sorry for what you did. You broke my trust.''

Adiraj looked at the worn look in her eyes and finally let her go, ' you are mine and I will do everything to make sure that it remains same.''

Kiran shook her head,'' Still you are not sorry.''

Adiraj pulled her back in his arms unable to stay away,'' do you want me to lie to you?''

Kiran kept her body stiff, not relaxing into his embrace,'' why not, that's what you do, you always lie.''

Adiraj was surprised again, earlier she always used to give in, doing what he asked, never arguing back, this was a new side of her, intrigued he asked,'' Were you always like this? Not giving in?''

Kiran had enough of this, his closeness, he himself, it was hurting her. The mask of coldness and indifference she had put on herself was breaking and she could feel the shards in her heart. She took a deep breath. She had no intention of having a discussion about her personality with him.

He whispered in her ear, his lips touching her ear,'' Answer me.''

She elbowed him in stomach and freed herself. She got onto her feet and moved toward the room door.

Adiraj watched this enjoying this side of her personality and told her,'' This place is very far, you won't get taxi.''

Kiran ignored this and left. She had done what she could for Mrs Shukla and she had no energy left for anyone else. She just wanted to live away from him, from her dad, a peaceful quiet life. She knew he wouldn't let her go but ..whatever, she had managed to survive on streets for these past years, she could bear anything, she had nothing left to lose.

As she moved down the long spiral shaped stairs, the wall on her right was made up of glass, She could see the rain pounding on the ground. It was night time. She wouldn't get a taxi, not that she had money for a taxi.

As she reached the last step a hand closed on her elbow. She took the last step and turned to look up at Adiraj. He opened his mouth to say something when he was interrupted by his father, Mr Raizada.

Abhinav, Adiraj's father, smiled as he noted Adiraj's hand on Kiran's elbow,'' You are alright Kiran?''

He gave a pointed look to Adiraj who released Kiran's arm immediately.

Kiran didn't know what to say, She had never met him before, at one point in her life she had been worried about their first meeting; From dress to dinner menu, she had been worried about everything. Now, she just wanted to leave. However, it would be extremely rude of her to behave in this fashion.