Ch 19 : Playing games

Kiran tried to control her tears as she watched Adiraj walk toward the building exist.

Today once again he was humiliated by her dad. Her dad had shouted on Adiraj in the main foyer in front of everyone.

She clenched her fists in anger; Adiraj was richer than her, his family even more influential than hers but here he was facing all this humiliation just for her. It made her heart ache.

In anger, she ignored her dad and  followed Adiraj outside.

...

Adiraj was standing near the window looking outside. He was holding a coffee mug and slowly sipping it.

Kiran entered the apartment and started looking for him. When she saw him standing near the window, she went over and hugged him. Her tears soaked his sweater.

He let her cry a bit and then turned, he kissed her tears away,'' shhh stop hurting my eyes.''

Kiran sniffed,'' your eyes?''

Adiraj,'' you are all mine, so are your eyes.''

Kiran gave him a weak smile,'' sorry.'' She apologised on the behalf of her father.

Adiraj,'' how sorry are you?''

Kiran,'' Very. I will do anything.''

Adiraj,'' how about you cook something for me?''

Kiran was blank for a moment,'' but I don't know how to cook.''

Adiraj smiled,'' I will teach you.'' And then, he led her over to the kitchen. He decided to start with a simple soup. He got the ingredients out and showed her how to chop vegetables. Together, they started to cook.

...

Later

Adiraj met Rahul in a cafe, and both sat down.

Rahul,'' I have looked into it. You were right, the land this project is on, have a case pending in the court. The company they are buying the raw material from is known to supply every kind of raw material for buildings even substandard material. And the area in which the hotel is going to be build was going to be good since an airport was planned to be built in the area but the plan has been scrapped. There won't be any profits, its madness to carry out with this project.''

Adiraj smiled,'' so that is father-in-law's great plan.''

He laughed.

Rahul,'' This is serious Adiraj, you can be jailed if the raw material proved faulty and something happened. He is playing with your reputation and life.''

Adiraj looked at Rahul and answered,'' He has underestimated me because I am young. It will be a learning experience for him.''

Rahul,'' but...''

Adiraj cut him off,'' you focus on your election campaign, I will handle this. Fix a meeting with your secretary, I want to see what he has planned for you.''

Rahul sighed,'' I am worried for you.''

Adiraj,''The one who should worry is Sanghania, he brought in a Trojan's horse.''

...

Kiran walked into the hotel ballroom. She didn't want to come for her dad's birthday party but Adiraj said that it would be rude. So, here they were mingling in with his dad's friends and board members.

Narayan Singhania was annoyed to see Adiraj with Kiran but he controlled his anger. He hadn't invited Raizada senior because he had no intention of ever having family ties with him. It was better to keep him away so that when Adiraj and Kiran broke up, there won't be any bad feelings between him and Abhinav raizada. He could simply say that it was between children. But Kiran bringing Adiraj to family functions would create problems.

...

Kiran watched Adiraj get ready to go out and play golf with his new 'friend'.

Kiran,'' do you know Adiraj that he is the grumpiest of all of my relatives? How did you manage to charm him enough that he invited you to play golf with him?''

Adiraj smiled,'' Didn't you say that I am most charming person in world?''

Kiran,'' yeah, but be careful, he carries a lot of power in the board room. After dad and me, he holds most shares and if you got him on your bad side, then things will be difficult.''

Adiraj came over and sat down on bed,'' Does it matter to you, the opinion of all these people?''

Kiran,'' No silly, but you know how dad is behaving and I just don't want any more troubles for you.''

Adiraj smiled,'' I am okay. Can I ask you for a favour? Can you make that delicious soup for me again tonight?''

Kiran,'' but isn't it your turn to cook today?''

Adiraj, ' I will cook for you for next two days.''

Kiran nodded,'' I will make it but honestly I don't get it why don't you want a chef.''

Adiraj,'' I like it when you cook for me or when I cook for you because it's made with love.''

Kiran couldn't refute that statement, so she gave him a quick kiss,'' The soup will be ready by seven.