Chapter 1: The summoning

A.N. Can this be considered a rewrite if the plot is completely different? Anyways, tell me what you think about this one.

Admiral Zhao was known for many things. Some heard about his cunning and talents as a fleet commander. To most he was an arrogant careerist with an overinflated ego, bordering on narcissism. But very few knew about his interests in one particular matter. By spending a long in a forgotten Spirit library hidden beneath the sands of Si Wong Desert, he searched through scrol after scroll for knowledge, which could aid the Fire Nation in its efforts to take over the world. And to allow him further ascend in ranks, among other things.

However, the admiral had lost in a battle against the Northern Water Tribe, and as a result, was trapped for eternity in the Fog of Lost Souls in the Spirit World for killing the Moon Spirit. But, the existence of hidden Oasis wasn't the only thing Zhao had discovered. He may have been arrogant, but stupidity wasn't one of his traits. That secret would have put him in shadows, and the admiral didn't want this. Still, just in case, he had written down everything and kept the information in his rich mansion in the capital.

One inadvertently said word of rumors in the Fire Nation high circles, and there was a squad of soldiers waltzing inside the mansion. They didn't meet any resistance. Zhao didn't have any relatives, so after his disappearance the mansion became empty, awaiting for a new owner. The soldiers were dressed in red armor, with opened helmets, unlike their comrades fighting on continent.

"Search everywhere," an order followed. "You know what we are looking for."

"Yes, War Minister," the soldiers acknowledged the command and scattered around.

War Minister Qin was an mid aged man with gray hair tied in a bun and a carefully attended beard. His eyes were amber, which was the native trait of the Fire Nation. He was wearing dark red robes, with a long collar of a brighter shade of red. He was one of the most important people in the country, being responsible for military technologies and creation of secret weapons.

The soldiers flipped over the entire building. War Minister meanwhile was sitting in Zhao's former cabinet. The room was nice and tidy, even despite a thin layer of dust. The man was not in hurry, with the mansion being so huge, it will take quite a while to search it throughly. After an hour of fruitless search, he sat on a chair, clasping his hands and leaning forward on a table. The minister tapped with his pointing finger as his expression showed his displeasure.

"That's what you get for trusting rumors," Qin muttered, before his eyes fell on Zhao's bust.

'Only Zhao could put his own bust in his cabinet,' he deadpanned mentally.

Suddenly Qin noticed something. There was thin black line on the bust's neck. It was too straight to be a simple crack. Raising his eyebrow, the minister moved its head, and to his surprise, there was a small button hidden in a hollow space. Qin pressed the button and heard a quiet rumble beneath the table. He looked there and saw that one of the small stone plates was opened.

"Hm, intriguing mechanism," Qin mumbled.

The plate was too small to go in, it was only big enough to put a hand inside, what the minister actually did. He felt something soft inside, even though he couldn't actually see what it was. Qin grabbed the item and pulled out. It was a scroll, no, several scrolls rolled in one tube. The minister unrolled them and, sitting back in the seat and closing the bust's head, started to read.

It was quite...enlightening. By the end of the last scroll, War Minister's eyes became as wide as saucers. Hiding such facts was bordering a treason, it could even help the Fire Nation win the war! It wasn't too late, he had time to get to the Royal Palace. Qin rolled the scrolls back in a tube and stormed out of the room. He ordered the nearest officer to regroup and return to their duties, saying he found what he was searching for.