Chapter 2: Untrustworthy alliance

The road was quiet at first. Danny was sitting inside the carriage, looking out of the window and eyeing the landscape. He wasn't aware that two other passengers were eyeing him like some peculiar animal out in the wilds. He didn't look like a ghost at all. Aside from his strange clothing and piercing blue eyes, Danny looked like the average Fire Nation citizen. They were snapped out of their thoughts when the ghost started mumbling under his nose.

"I'm definitely not in Kansas anymore," he rubbed his chin.

"What is 'Kansas'?" Azula asked.

Danny looked at her and shrugged. "One of fifty states of America. I'm from Illinois personally, but I had to live in Wisconsin for some time."

Qin was confused. "Aren't you supposed to rule the Spirit World?"

Phantom snorted and chuckled. "Spirit World? Last time I remember it was called the Ghost Zone. Ah, good old race issues, they will never get old."

"I read that you hate each other," the minister continued.

"Well, I wouldn't put it that way...alright, we do hate each other. However, I'm rather apathetic to this rivalry. I have enough ghosts who want to end me just so they get the crown for themselves."

"Then execute them, is that much of an effort?" Azula asked leaning back in her seat.

Danny looked at her with mixed emotions. "Without actual proofs that they are up to something? That will be going against the law. Besides, when you challenge the King to a duel, only one can come out alive. Soon people won't be so willing to challenge me after some lose their afterlives."

He was truthful about the ghosts wanting to destroy him. Those few who managed to get into human world tried to kill him again. However, he was known to be merciful, everything Danny demanded from beaten foes was a promise to never bother him again. He never killed, and wasn't going to begin. Beating the hell out of criminals was another thing, he had to make sure they don't return on that dark path. He could create a terrifying image, black hood, which hid his face, and two deathly green glowing eyes. They ran away the second they saw him now.

Silence settled again in the carriage. Danny looked out of the window, now looking at the city around. If he didn't get it previously, he was confident that this society was pretty backwards. They got to the Palace, where there were already soldiers waiting for them. Azula was the first one to come out of the carriage.

"Come, servant," she ordered.

Danny smirked. "I think I outrank you, PRINCESS," he teased.

Azula turned back to him and narrowed her eyes. Soldiers around broke into nearvous sweat, awaiting for something to happen.

"You still shall follow my commands, so I outrank you," she said, daring him to say anything.

Despite what he could do and retort with, Danny decided not to provoke her any further. He didn't want another country to be after his pelt. Danny followed the officials inside the Palace, putting his hands into pockets of his hoodie. They went through the several corridors full of pompous decorations and pictures. He made a few assumptions. Those guys were obsessed with fire, which should have been obvious, since they call themselves the FIRE Nation. Again, Phantom was convinced that he was indeed the clueless one, as his friends preferred to call him.

He was interrupted from his musings when they approached the huge doors. One of the guards standing beside it stepped forward.

"Your Highness, War Minister, the meeting is in process right now," he reported, bowing to each of them respectively.