Chapter 21: The new time

Danny was getting bored out of his mind. He would lose invisibility because of falling asleep. Watching Zuko mop the floor was as entertaining as watching the paint dry. Soon, to his surprise, Phantom got interested once the familiar girl joined the cleaning, but that was it. He chuckled at seeing an awkward exchange between them. Finally he got sick of waiting.

"Alright, I'm tired of it," Danny got up and dropped invisibility.

The guards jumped in surprise, but that was a split second before they all were knocked out. By being tossed into the nearest wall. Both janitors stared at the culprit behind this mess. Phantom smiled innocently.

"Hello again," he waved and approached the two. "So, here is your improvised curfew, Your Highness. Now speak."

"You are awfully demanding," Zuko noted. "We don't have any working plan yet. We haven't been here that long."

"Alright," Danny sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I wonder if my past experience would work. I mean, I did escape the last prison without spending a day in it. Do you think the riot would work? I could help."

"Wait up," that girl intervened. "What are you actually? This kind of stuff is not possible."

Phantom smiled enigmatically, but then he heard an exclamation of surprise. Danny's head snapped in that direction and he saw one particularly scrawny looking guard. About to knock him out as well, Phantom raised his hand, but Zuko was quick to react.

"Wait!" He exclaimed, stopping the curious half ghost. "It's Sokka."

"Oh, so you HAVE teamed up with that little team."

Phantom gently flicked his hand and Sokka was pulled closer at the neck-breaking speed. The guy just stared at the grinning half ghost, stuttering some nonsense, before suddenly clutching the girl and pulling her away from the much amused Danny.

"Suki, do NOT approach this guy," Sokka whispered.

"Who. Is. He!?" Suki exclaimed, obviously tired of being kept in the dark for so long.

"Daniel Phantom, King of the Spirit and Ghost world. Plus-minus the first part. My absolute pleasure. Sup, Sokka, haven't seen you in a while, since, you know...has it been in Ba Sing Se? Shame about that army of yours I had to take down...but hey, I repented and beat the Fire Lord to a bleeding pulp, so...are we good now?

Suki blinked and indeed made an extra step behind. What a perfect and to the point introduction.

"So that's truth?" Zuko asked, somewhat apprehensive.

"Yep. I wasn't myself back then..." Danny rubbed the back of his neck, seeming embarrassed. "Being a god is very intoxicating. Your sister is actually the reason he is still alive."

"Azula? Do you know where..."

"While it is very interesting to know what your crazy sister is doing, Zuko," Sokka chirped in. "We are still in prison, so we have to do something about it. Without..." He narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the half ghost. "Otherworldly intervention."

"Okay, then," Danny sighed heavily. "Riot it is, then. Darn, I so wanted to try something different this time around. Just whisking everyone away is too boring. And I still have to get these guards as far away from this prison as possible, because they saw me. Yeah, definitely ditching them on the North Pole."