Chapter 6: Getting into Ba Sing Se

"Let me get this straight, there is a city, which has hundreds miles long wall," Danny said.

"That's to put it bluntly," Azula shrugged nonchalantly. "I thought you read about Ba Sing Se."

"Well, I've been busy. Making the portal, fighting in a war, besides there wasn't a word about how long exactly it was. Maybe I was reading without the proper attention..."

"I got it, I got it."

"Damn, that thing can give the Great Chinese wall a run for its money," Danny said, clearly impressed. "No wonder you have failed."

Azula glared at the half ghost, who shrugged nonchalantly. "Hey, if anything, I'm sweetening the loss."

The main point of their conversation was the failed attempt to break through the Ba Sing Se wall. Danny had been summoned to subdue one of the revolts to the Fire Nation occupation, because his movement speed was vital. Phantom was eager to avoid the attempt of the city's conquest. He somehow suspected that the siege was going to fail, and it looked like his assumption was correct. He never lost so far, failed, yes, but never lost. It gave a certain impression of the Ghost King being an invaluable asset. Still, a giant drill?

"You guys could really use the gunpowder," Danny commented. "Just blowing the wall up is much simpler."

"Oh, and you can make it?" The princess deadpanned.

"One, no I cannot, I got a C- on chemistry. Broke all beakers. Two, giving the powder which can blow up the building because of one small spark to the people who throw fire around...not the best idea, I admit. Anyways, you do have a plan, don't you?"

"You know me too well, servant," Azula smirked. "Ty Lee, show him."

The acrobat grinned, before taking a pack of green kimonos from under the table. Danny raised his eyebrow, but the brown haired girl kindly explained the situation.

"Well, while you were away, we caught a bunch of Kyoshi Warriors. We put on their clothes, get into the city and do...stuff."

"And what happened with them?"

"Oh, don't worry, bundle of softness," Azula nudged the half ghost. "They are alive...although they got the first class trip to the prison. Not going to give any promises."

Phantom crossed his hands. "And where is a place in this place for me?"

"Well, we got a spare one," Ty Lee said innocently, showing another kimono.

Danny's horrified expression made all three girls laugh with a different intensity. Phantom snapped out of his stupor and rubbed his face.

"I think I'll just stick around being invisible," he deadpanned.

Danny then went to the table, before sitting on the chair and opening a seemingly old scroll. That was what caught Azula's attention.

"Where did you get this thing?" She asked.

Phantom chuckled, putting hands behind his head. "Well, that's quite a story."

-Flashback-

"Untie me, you foolish ghost!"

Danny was sitting on a chair, slightly tilted backwards, with his legs on the table. He looked up from the scroll and smirked, his now neon eyes gleaming in mirth.

"I had been considering this, right until you called me a fool, birdie."

He was talking to a spirit, which looked like an enormous black and white barn owl. During his travel from one corner of the Earth Kingdom to another, Danny made a stop for a short time, he had to eat and sleep, and it was kind of complicated under the burning sun of Si Wong Desert. During the stay at one of the villages Phantom overheard the conversation of the locals, who didn't have a clue about who he was. And after learning about the Spirit Library Danny decided to use the opportunity to find the required knowledge to make a portal.