You Really Put the 'Rave' in 'Travel'

A/N-This is my first fan fiction, so please pardon any OOC-ness, short chapters, and plot holes, I am trying my best. In case you didn't read the description, this is a Harry Potter/FMA:B/Percy Jackson crossover, but I could only label it with two instead of three. I will be sticking with canon pairings, but I'm not good at writing romance so don't expect a lot. I will try to update frequently, but I do have schoolwork I have to work around. Please review and tell me of any typos, grammar errors, etc. and I will try to fix them. Or just to tell me how you like it. I will try to make the chapters longer as the story progresses. Sorry for the long authors note! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan.

Edward

Edward Elric stepped off of the train onto the platform at King's Cross Station. Though it was a beautiful sunny day, the weather was not helping his poor spirits. No amount of sunshine and daisies would be able to brighten his day, not with the issues he was facing right now.

The series of events that had led him to be standing on this particular platform in a country thousands of miles from Amestris had started with a simple-looking mission folder. The normal look was utterly deceptive, however, because this mission had been delivered by the Fuhrer himself, which led to all sorts of complications.

Of all the missions Edward had received during his time in the military, this was by far the one he detested most. Teaching. Teaching alchemy. Not only that, but it was at a school in a country that he hadn't even heard of until one week ago. But that wasn't even the worst part. No, there were actually several things that made this mission terrible.

The first was that his younger brother Alphonse was not permitted to go with him. Apparently, he would be 'too conspicuous.' Of course, Ed knew that this was true, but that didn't make him like it any more. To add on to that, he would be gone for nearly an entire year in this strange country, and Al would barely be able to visit. But to top it all off, supposedly this school taught magic. Magic.

When Colonel Roy Mustang looked his subordinate right in the eyes and told him that he would be teaching at Hogwarts, a school for young wizards and witches, Ed had replied 'yeah, and you're not useless in the rain anymore.' Needless to say, the Colonel was not pleased with that response. That was when Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye had stepped in to confirm it, and she wasn't one to joke around.

Ed had only had a week to gather enough belongings for the year and say goodbye to Al before he caught the train to England. He didn't have that much to pack. A few changes of clothes, his alchemy research, and, unfortunately, a military uniform. He hadn't been required to wear a military uniform before, but Colonel Mustang had given him one.

He claimed that he needed to proudly represent Amestris and was expected to wear it at any formal occasions. He then smirked and said that he was surprised they had been able to find one in his size. Ed frowned in annoyance as he thought back on it. He had stuffed the stupid thing at the bottom of his bag and hoped that it never had to see the light of day.

Ed growled in frustration as he tried to see above the crowd. He had been told that someone from the school would meet him between platforms 9 and 10. Supposedly he would know who they were, though he didn't know how that would be. He didn't even speak the language because he hadn't had any way to study it at all. He just hoped that these 'wizards' knew what they were doing.

After much pushing and shoving, Edward finally made it to platforms 9 and 10. The crowds had begun to thin with the departure of a train, allowing him to finally able to see clearly. There were only a few people standing in-between the two platforms, and they all looked...normal.