You Really Put the 'Bro' in 'Broken'

A/N - This chapter gave me fits...ugh. It's one of my shortest ones so far. Looks I'm not out of my writer's slump after all. Well, enjoy anyways. Hopefully, next chapter will be better. The picture above, as you have probably guessed, is of Luna (left) and Susan (right). I meant to post it last chapter, but I forgot. In case you can't read it, it says 'In Memoriam L.L. and S.W. I'm definitely not the best artist in the world, but I hope I have done them justice.

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Edward

"That armour really doesn't make you tired?" Harry furrowed his brow. "I'd think that you'd be exhausted after walking around in it all day."

Ed groaned inwardly as he tried to restrain his desire to strangle the inquisitive teenager. This must have been the fifth variation of the same question, but it still didn't stop. Ed had thought that he and Al would be able to lose this particular group after leaving Hagrid's hut, but they had only diminished in number. Now, as they took refuge near the Whomping Willow, there were three teens asking questions instead of six. Not that that was much better.

"No, it's fine, I'm used to it by now." Al, always the patient one, had said the same thing each time. And every time, Ed inwardly winced upon hearing those words. I'm used to it. Another thing that was his fault...

"Really?" The red-haired wizard asked curiously, leaning forward. "That must have taken a while. How long have you been wearing it?"

"About four years."

"That's pretty impressive," Thalia remarked with an approving nod. "But it must be hard to move quietly."

Al turned to his left to look at the black-haired girl. "Yeah," he admitted. "I've learned to manage, though."

"Why do your eyes glow?" Ron asked, leaning forward even more so that he was only a foot away from Al's helmet.

"Uh-what?" Al leaned backward slightly, attempting to put more distance between him and the red-head. Ed straightened, startled. They didn't usually have people asking about Al's eyes-it was usually just the armour that threw people off.

"Your eyes," Ron repeated, still staring intently. "Why do they glow red? I mean, your eyes aren't actually red and glowing, are they?"

"No, of course not," Al replied. "My eye's don't actually glow, it just seems like they do because...I...have a light in my helmet-it's really dark in here, so I put a light in my helmet to brighten it up some."

'Well that was a pretty ridiculous excuse,' Ed thought, smiling with amusement. 'Though I guess we've come up with weirder explanations for his armour...'

"Why red though?" Harry asked. "It's kind of...creepy."

"I like red," Al replied.

"I guess that's one thing you two have in common," Ron muttered, leaning back from Al.

Ed's eyes narrowed dangerously. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"N-nothing," Ron answered hurriedly, scooting backward on the ground.