You Really Put the 'Miss' in 'Missive'

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan.

Edward

     To say the least, Ed thought that his end-of-the-month classes had gone well. He was quite disappointed that his 'terrify the whiny kids that aren't smart enough for alchemy by pulling a spear on them' plan had been put to a stop by the third class. It had been working quite beautifully, and he had planned on using it to stop any students stupid enough to try and exact revenge.

     Too bad McGonagall didn't seem to approve. Apparently wizards did not imply very strenuous training methods. Ed grinned inwardly. The physical portion of his class was going to be quite entertaining. For him at least. Ed looked over his revised list of students, which was significantly smaller than before.

'Theoretically, I could combine quite a few classes, which would mean more time for research. But, when it comes to teaching alchemy, it's definitely better to have a smaller number of students, so I suppose I'll leave them as they are. Of course, it's ideal to have a private instructor, but it's not like that's going to happen.'

     Ed leaned back in his chair and glanced at his watch. It was getting late, and if Al were here he would be telling him to sleep. Ed had tried not to think about how much he missed his brother, but it was impossible to ignore at times. And now, after a month of being apart, and with tomorrow's date, the ache was even more noticeable. He wanted so much to at least hear Al's voice, but the stupid wizards didn't even have telephones. The best they could do was communicate by owl, which Ed still thought incredibly inconvenient. And that wasn't nearly enough.

     In an attempt to distract himself, Ed turned his thoughts to one of the third-year Gryffindors, Nico. After the unfortunate...incident, Ed was sure that Nico had noticed his arm, but the boy hadn't said anything at all. Ed wasn't really worried about it. It wasn't like his arm was a horrible secret. But it would raise many unwanted questions from the naturally curious students, which was something he could live without.

     Ed glanced at his watch again, which read 1:27. 'I really should go to sleep,' he thought mournfully. He didn't want to admit it, but he was dreading not only sleeping, but also facing the next day without Al. Ed had never been away from his brother for so long, and he had never gone through that day without Al. 'It's just one day. I can survive one day. Even if it is that day.' Ed closed his pocket watch, the light catching on the roughly engraved words-'don't forget 3. October 11.'

     Edward was really starting to regret letting Alphonse choose the picture for his doorway. It wasn't like Al was trying to annoy him or anything, but Ed honestly wondered why he thought that a picture of Colonel Mustang's office was the best one. At first Ed had thought that is was a rather cheery photo; all of them happily at work with Al reading in the corner.

     And then he had remembered that the picture could now talk. Having Colonel Mustang tell him that he was late every morning got annoying really fast, and there wasn't anything he could do about it. He consoled with the thought that Hughes could have been the one to pick a photo.

     But this morning he barely payed attention to the picture. His one focus was to get through the day as quickly as possible, hopefully without any complications.