You Really Put the 'Con' in 'Confrontation'

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

When Percy woke up, he expected another ordinary day. Wake up, eat, suffer through classes, eat more, suffer through some more classes, eat again, flail through headache-inducing homework, go to bed, repeat. Easy (read: torturous). Normal. No room for anything to go wrong.

Oh how wrong he was.

But of all the things he had thought might go wrong, he hadn't thought that he would run into trouble before even exiting the Common Room; and he hadn't at all considered the situation he was in right now.

"Well?" Ron demanded, fixing the three demigods with a steady glare. Beside him, Harry and Hermione wore grim expressions. "Why would you even need to consider killing someone?"

Percy, Nico, and Thalia had been ambushed before they could even make it to the door. It seemed that they had underestimated the investigative skills of their three friends, who had apparently eavesdropped on one of their conversations. And of course, they had heard a conversation that would be very difficult to explain.

To Percy's right, Thalia took a deep breath. Percy had no idea what she was planning, but he hoped whatever it was would work.

"We...didn't want to tell you..." Thalia began hesitantly. She stopped, averting her eyes and dropping her head slightly.

"Tell us what?" Harry demanded, frowning as he stepped forward from behind Ron.

Thalia looked back up, a new determination in her eyes. "After what happened," she began, "with Sirius Black-" Harry's eyes widened, and Hermione immediately looked worried.

Thalia paused once more before continuing. "We were thinking about going after him," she said in a rush, lifting her chin.

"You were what?!" Hermione exploded, while Ron and Harry simply looked shocked. "Why on earth would you do something so incredibly stupid?" Hermione raged, throwing her hands in the air. Percy forced himself not to shrink back from the sheer volume of her voice. "Do you have any idea how dangerous that would be?!"

"We have every idea how dangerous it is!" Thalia snapped back, clenching her fists at her sides.

"Then why would you even consider it?!" Hermione asked in frustration. "You could get yourselves killed!"

"Or worse, expelled," Ron muttered with a snicker.

Hermione whirled toward him angrily. "This is serious, Ron!" She scolded.

Thalia stepped forward with her hands up in an attempt to placate Hermione. "We know how dangerous it is," she said. "But our whole lives are full of danger, so we figured that one more murderer wouldn't be too different."

"But he's a skilled wizard," Ron pointed out. "And even if you can fight, you're still only third-years!"

"And what were you planning to do if you could somehow catch him?" Hermione asked, beginning to calm down.