You Really Put the 'Ache' in 'Teacher'

A/N - This chapter is short. And I made you wait for it. I apologize. After this chapter, the pace should pick back up, and maybe that will make up for it. On another note, absolutely none of you voted for option B, so two books it is! I'm pretty hyped about it. I'll try to have the next one out soon, so please forgive me.

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Edward

"Professor!" Susan waved her hand at Ed as he entered the library, calling him over to her table. "Over here!" The girl was sitting with a book opened in front of her, and papers spread all over the table. It was a familiar scene, one that Ed saw on a daily basis.

Edward walked over to join her. "Do you need something?" He asked with a smile.

"Can't I just enjoy your company?" Susan asked, returning his smile.

"I suppose," Ed laughed as he set his books on the table.

"...Hey, Professor?" Susan asked, turning worried brown eyes to meet his.

"Yeah?" Ed asked, puzzled by her sudden change in mood.

Susan turned in her chair so that she was facing him fully. "You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to me, right?"

Edward blinked, startled. "No, of course not," he replied.

The worry on Susan's face turned to sadness, her eyes shimmering with tears and her lip quivering. "Then why didn't you save me?" She whispered, slowly rising from her chair.

Ed felt a cold hand clench his heart, and he froze in horror.

Crimson blood spilled from Susan's heart, dripping down to form a puddle of red at her feet. "Why didn't you save me?" She repeated, her voice a hoarse whisper.

Tears began to fall from her eyes now dull eyes, and her once vibrant skin turned grey and lifeless. Susan took a step forward. Edward flinched at the clacking sound as it echoed through the library, and took a stumbling step back. As the noise faded, the room did as well, leaving an endless expanse of black.

"I needed help, and you weren't there..."

Clack; forward. Stumble; back.

"Didn't you worry about me? Didn't you care?"

Clack; forward. Step; back.

Edward struggled to find words of defense, something to say, anything; but he couldn't. Because she was right. Everything she said; it was all the truth.

"You didn't save me..."

Clack. Step.

"And you didn't save Nina..."

Clack. Step.

"And you can't even save Al..." Susan halted her advance, glaring at Edward with her sunken eyes. "Don't you care about us?" Her voice was no longer a rasping whisper, but now a loud accusation.