You Really Put the 'Break' in 'Breakthrough'

"blah blah"- Speaking Greek

"blah blah"- Speaking Amestrian

'blah blah'- Thinking

*<*<*>*>* - Begin/end flashback

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Percy Jackson. Good thing too, or they wouldn't be nearly as good as they are now. They belong to J.K. Rowling, Hiromu Arakawa, and Rick Riordan. Just to be safe, I also don't own the song 'This is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

Percy

     A young girl, no older than ten years, sits at a wooden table, a book spread out in front of her. Sunlight streams in through the window, providing light to the cheery kitchen. The girl's brow furrows in concentration, her light green eyes bright with intelligence. A strand of dark red-brown hair falls across the page as she leans forward, and she absentmindedly pushes it behind her ear, never losing concentration.

     The door to the kitchen bursts open with a bang, and two boys enter. They are obviously her brothers; with the same tanned skin and high cheekbones, though the older looking boy has light brown hair, and the younger has brown eyes. The girl looks up, frowning in annoyance at their interruption.

"Still studying?" The brown-eyed brother teases, grinning at his sister. "Trying to get into Ravenclaw or something?"

The girl smirks at him, annoyance vanishing as quickly as it has come. "Unlike you, I'm planning on doing well in school, and succeeding after I graduate."

The brown-eyed brother wrinkles his nose at her as the older brother laughs. Then he turns serious, and looks at his sister with worried eyes.

"Don't overwork yourself," he warns. "You're still a kid, you don't need to worry about things like that yet."

The girl smiles up at him. "I know what I'm doing," she assures. "I just want to be sure that I have good future."

The younger brother, no longer annoyed, grins and ruffles his sister's hair. "You sure are smart, sis. But you need to lighten up some! Come outside, we have an extra broom you can use!"

The girl sighs in defeat and closes her book. "Fine." As soon as she is clear of the table, she dashes out the door. "Hurry up, slowpokes!" She calls over her shoulder.

     Grinning, the younger brother chases after her. The older brother pauses, turning back to look at the book laying abandoned on the table, its worn cover barely readable. The title is indecipherable, but underneath the words; a fading ouroboros symbol is visible. The boy frowns and reaches his hand towards the book, but at the calls of his siblings, he abandons it follows them outside.

     Percy woke with a start, jerking up into a sitting position. He sat, disoriented and confused for a few seconds, trying to make sense of his dream. The dream had had an odd feeling to it...and he was left with a sense of foreboding that he didn't understand.

'I haven't had a dream like that in so long...what the heck was that all about?' Percy fell back onto his bed and stared at the crimson curtains. 'Add that to the list of mysteries. Maybe I'll talk to Nico and Thalia about it in the morning.' He turned onto his side and closed his eyes, but found that sleep was evading him.

     He lay staring into the darkness for what felt like hours, grasping at the sleep that kept slipping away. The only sound throughout the room was the gentle breathing of his sleeping roommates, until an annoyed sigh drifted from Nico's bed.