Eight.

Last chapter: "Taking a deep breath in, I gathered my nerves and rung the doorbell. No turning back now."

It took a while for anyone to answer the door, but when they did, it wasn't who I was expecting it to be. Instead of my tall, muscular and also male dad, a woman opened the door. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes and was probably the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen; I had a feeling I'd seen her before somewhere. I was a little confused as to why she was there - she didn't look like an agent or a maid or something and she definitely wasn't my dad. I mentally cursed myself. I must've copied down the address wrong.

And after going all that way. What an idiot.

The woman was still standing there, waiting for me to explain myself.

"Oh sorry, I think I must've got the wrong house." I spluttered.

The woman smiled, "Don't worry about it, you're not the first." I probably was, considering the effort it took to get to that position. "Do you need any help finding the right one?" She had a nice voice and an accent - Geordie, I think.

"Um yeah, that would be great actually, thanks."

"Who are you looking for then? A man or a woman?"

"Man."

"You're probably wanting next door on the right then, but I think he's out at the moment."

"Oh." I wasn't sure what to do now. "Do you know when he'll be back?"

"I'm sure he won't be too long. Do you want to come inside while you wait? Or if you're thinking 'stranger danger' - and if you are, I don't blame you, that's very responsible - you don't have to come in and I can make you something warm to eat or drink?"

I was surprised at the kind offer and hastily nodded. "Do you mind if I come in? You don't seem very dangerous." I joked. She laughed.

"Ah, you should see me when I'm hungry, then you might change your mind." I smiled. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Just water please." She walked off to go get it and I surveyed my surroundings. It was a lovely house, big too. Everything was white or black and the granite surfaces looked expensive. On the walls were a couple of paintings and a few photos of two kids. There was a little girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, just like the woman, and a younger boy, sometimes a baby in the pictures, with light brown hair and blue eyes. I felt safer knowing that the woman had kids - I figured it meant she was less likely to be a creep.

She walked back into the room not too long after she'd left and handed me a bottle of water. I thanked her for it and immediately began to drink it.

"If you don't mind me asking, shouldn't you be in school?" She asked.

Shit.

I couldn't tell her I was skiving.

"We had a half day today."

"Ah." She nodded.

"Cute kids." I noted, pointing at the pictures. The woman beamed.

"Yeah they are, aren't they?"

"What are they called?"

"Lillie and Tommy."

"Aw, how old are they?"

"4 and 2."

"I have a brother who's four." I said, downing the rest of my water. "They're cute at that age."

"Yeah, a bit troublesome though."

I nodded. "And annoying."

She laughed. "My little girl's just started reception."