Forty-Eight.

Perrie's POV:

I sunk back into the aeroplane seat, Charlie on my lap and Lillie and Tommy on the two seats next to me. In front of me was Jade, Esme and Molly whilst Jesy's family was in front of them, Andre, Nathan and Micah were behind me and Leigh and Savannah were across the aisle from me. Everyone was here apart from Jordie, who was till back in England at school, but he was due to join us later on.

We were all going to see Alex playing in the World Cup and support him. This would be the third international tournament I'd watch him at but probably the first that England actually had a chance to do quite well in. So for once I was actually really nervous. Before I'd been excited for him but there'd never been much expectation for the team so I was more worried about him being disappointed about going out early than anything else to be honest. Now, however, it was a different story.

Everyone was being so supportive; the boys had all wanted to come and see the football anyway and I was always going to fly out, so we just decided to make it into a holiday. Only a couple of the kids were in school and it was almost over anyway, so we thought there wasn't much harm in taking them out for a few weeks. Because there were so many of us, we were all staying in a massive villa together. It had countless bedrooms and bathrooms and a massive garden, with a pool of course.

The plane ride was smooth, quick and hassle-free. The kids were mostly asleep as we'd taken an early flight and thankfully they weren't much trouble and stayed quiet. After we'd departed the plane and collected our bags, we quickly got through passport control and took a large taxi to the villa.

The journey wasn't long and I wouldn't have minded if it had been because the view from the window was amazing. I was almost disappointed that I would be stuck inside a football stadium for most of the holiday. One thing that did cross my mind was how hot it was. Unsurprisingly, Alex didn't like playing in the heat because it made it much more tiring and hard to play well. It certainly seemed like it was going to be hard work.

We got to the villa and I could immediately see how beautiful it was. Even its exterior was incredible, though for how much I was paying for it I would expect it to be! We sauntered inside, where it was even more impressive. I couldn't believe we're really staying here.

"Do we have to leave to watch the football?" I joked and everyone laughed, though sort of in agreement.

After exploring practically every inch of the house due to eager children's requests, we made our way outside.

"Oh my god the pool!" Jesy gasped.

"I'm more excited about the deckchairs. I'm going to make the most of this sun and get the tan I deserve." I laughed.

The kids, just as excited, began to near the water's edge, forcing the adults to have to pull them back. I certainly didn't want to leave this holiday with fewer children than I'd arrived with. Lillie, however, was determined to drown it seemed.

"Mummy, can we go in the pool?" She begged, trying to wriggle out of my grasp.
"Please, please." Her brother added.

"Okay, but not without us. It's not safe." I gave in. Very excited, they both ran off inside to get changed.

It wasn't long before we were all back outside, enjoying ourselves in the pool. We were all swimming, splashing and having fun apart from the youngest ones who couldn't come in. I was wearing a bikini which was quite nerve-wracking as it'd only been a month or so since I'd given birth so I wasn't the most confident in my body. However, I decided to dispel my anxieties because I was comfortable around everyone there.

A little while later, I was lying on a deckchair by the pool when Jade started shouting at something. I looked up to see what she was doing and saw her pointing at something beyond the fence and angrily saying something to Jed. Taking off my sunglasses, I saw two figures in the distance, who were most definitely looking over the fence at us. Seconds later, I realised that they were paparazzi and groaned.

"What are they doing here? It's private property." I moaned. For sure, if they'd managed to take some pictures there'd be some body-shaming headline written about me posted for the whole world to see.

"They have no idea what the word private means babe." Leigh shook her head.

"Don't worry, we'll go handle them." Andre said and pulled Jed with him towards the men. From my perch on the deckchair, I listened in to their conversation.

"Excuse me, this is private property. You have to leave."
"You don't own it."
"We're renting it and we didn't give you permission to be here."
"We're just doing our job."
"Well you can do your job in an office writing meaningful articles rather than photographing us swimming, alright?"

The men didn't say anything, but just stood there, unable to respond.

"This is the only time I'm going to say this: leave before we call the police." Andre snapped. That seemed to give them a bit of urgency and they sped off immediately. Now more relaxed, I sunbathed a little more before heading inside.

It was a few hours later when Jade came up to me wanting to show me something.
"Perrie look at this."

"What?" I asked.

"Come here, look."

"Why, what is it?" I wondered, walking over. When I was next to hear, she showed me her phone screen which displayed an article from The Sun. I rolled my eyes - it had been inevitable really. I began to read it.

"Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards strips down on holiday only one month after giving birth to son

The 30 year-old mother of three surprised us all by wearing a bikini despite only having her third child a month ago. She must be really confident!..."

I stopped reading there, annoyed.

"For god's sake! Why is this news? I'm only wearing a bikini in front of some friends and my kids, and they're trying to make out like I'm some kind of psycho. They're the ones posting the pictures to the entire world, not me."

"You shouldn't let it bother you babe, they're just jealous that you look smoking." Jade replied and I smiled. "Anyway, this is what I really wanted to show you." She continued.

She pressed on a link from the article and another one loaded on the screen. It was titled "Perrie Edwards' stepson responds in the best way to article about his stepmother." Intrigued, I looked at the main article and saw a tweet from Jordie. It read: "only the sun could follow someone to a private villa, start taking pictures without permission and then criticise them for wearing a bikini lollll".

"Oh my god, that's so funny!" I laughed.

"I know, he's a good boy." Jade grinned.

"Aw that's cute how he stuck up for me."

"He's right too. I'm sure lots of people had a good laugh at it." Jade added.

"He's so clever. I'm gonna text him to say thank you." I said and Jade grinned and walked away.

True to my word, I texted Jordie to thank him and suddenly I didn't really care about the first article. They'd just been shut down by a thirteen year old so I think they were the ones that should be ridiculed, not me.

————
Hope you enjoyed that part. Sorry for keeping you waiting for like two months but tbh I really hated this chapter so I didn't have any motivation to write it😂. It's a filler chapter so sorry that it's short and not great. Thank you so much for 30k reads and as always, tysm for your support and don't forget to read, vote and comment xx

Also the next update will hopefully be up Saturday or Sunday (if you comment asking then I'll probably reply nearer the time) but I'm really busy this weekend so I can't promise that it'll be up. Tuesday at the latest I think but I'll try to post it before then x