Thirty-Three.

Jordie's POV:

Ky and I had been living at Alex and Perrie's for about a week. Our mum had tried to contact us many many times, and had even succeeded on occasion. She'd also come to our school to try and talk to us, but I'd told her countless times that we were staying at Alex's for the time being and that was that. Apparently, Mike was living there to support her whilst we were gone, and Darius hadn't been seen since the whole incident. To be honest, I didn't really care. What'd been done had been done and now myself and Ky were living in a much more welcoming and safe home, even if it was an inconveniencing 50 miles away. Ky was beginning to come out of his shell too. He was far less shy than he had been at first and, probably due to there not being any Darius's around, he was very talkative and not anxious at all. He, Alex, Perrie and even the kids would all talk at the dinner table and at other times. I loved seeing the two sides of my family interact and I was really happy that Ky was in a safe and happy environment.

On Thursday, Alex was at his friend Bradley's stag do and Perrie, Ky, Lillie, Tommy and I were at home. Seemingly worried about leaving his heavily pregnant wife and four kids alone, he'd offered to stay, but Perrie had quickly shut him down and told him to enjoy himself, that there was nothing to worry about. She would only be looking after Ky and I for half the night anyway, because we both had football training.

Because I'd been staying in Liverpool, I was initially a bit worried about my arrangements with my football club, but I ended up thinking of a plan. I was going to stay at Toby's after school, go to training then get the train to Liverpool afterwards. It was simple. Ky also had training with his club, luckily on the same day, although at slightly different times. Although I was reluctant to let him come to Toby's house with us, Toby was happy to help and happily let my little brother tag along, seeing as it was more convenient for the two of us.

The plan was that Ky would leave Toby's house just before his training started, walk to the park where his session was held and then walk over to our session and watch once his had finished. Toby and I would leave his house at the right time, walk over to our training and then halfway through Ky would come. As it happened, our coach let Ky join in and he impressed; only sticking out in size, not ability.

After we'd carried out this plan, which worked fine, we changed into trainers, packing up our football boots and walked to the train station, still dressed in full football kits. Collecting our tickets, we found our platform and waited for the train.

At this point in our journey, there would usually be a few fans hanging around to see us, because they'd somehow realised, most likely through social media, that we caught a train to Liverpool at around four, as we had done for the past few days. However, there were none at this time of day because it was around 7:30 and they'd all left hours ago.

When we'd finally got on our train and arrived at the station, I pulled out my phone and ordered an Uber. Alex had given me a credit card just for our Uber bookings, so we didn't have to worry about money. After catching the taxi, we sat listening to music for the short journey until we arrived at the house.

"Nice house." The driver grunted.

"Yeah, thanks." I smiled, before getting out of the car. Ky followed and we began to walk up the driveway. Finally, I'd been told the code to the gate so there was no need for me to crawl through the hole. Punching in the password, I slipped through the opening gates and Ky and I walked past the cars and the fountain to the front door.

As soon as I unlocked the door, I was hit with an overpowering smell. Gas.

Ky and I immediately began coughing, trying not to inhale the toxic substance.

"What is that?" Ky asked.

"It's gas." I spluttered. Panicking, I yelled, "We need to find Perrie and the kids!"