Thirty-Nine.

Perrie's POV:

It'd been a day since I'd given birth and I was still as tired as ever. The long labour, surgery straight after and sleepless nights now that the baby was born had taken its toll on me and I was feeling exhausted, sick and sore.

The experience itself had been very scary, not to mention painful. Everything from the first jolt of pain to the administering of the epidural was just an agonising blur, but after that, the terror set in. I had no idea what was going to happen to me or my baby. No one did. That was the worst part - just not knowing. I tried to forget about it so I stress but it was impossible. And it certainly didn't help matters when my baby was taken away from me at birth and my husband was kicked out of the room. It really wasn't fun. I was all on my own when they stabbed a needle into me to put me to sleep and when they operated on me whilst I was unconscious. Thankfully, they let Alex back into the room so I didn't wake up alone.

That wasn't the only thing I had to be thankful for. I was okay, and so was my son. In the end, it'd been me that was bleeding not him, although he was the cause of it. A ripped cervix due to abnormal positioning of the baby - not fun to say or experience. But now I'd been stitched up and the doctors all seemed to think I would recover completely, so I guess it didn't really matter in the long run. Baby boy Oxlade-Chamberlain was recovering well too. They'd been incubating him since he was born, just to be safe and they'd told us that we wouldn't be leaving for a few days either. That was fine with us; we were in no rush to be home. We'd decided our plan for announcing his birth and what we'd do once we finally did arrive home, given that we really weren't prepared for his arrival. Considering the surprise birth, I thought Alex and I were doing a pretty good job at dealing with it. Our opinion was really that as long as me and the baby were both healthy, everything else could be dealt with.

In fact, the only thing really left to decide was his name. We'd been discussing it for a few minutes now and whilst I couldn't think of anything, Alex was coming up with plenty of suggestions. The only problem was that they were quite frankly ridiculous.

"How about Beckham Oxlade-Chamberlain? Gerrard?" He suggested.

"No." I snapped.

"Cristiano? Or even better, Messi?" He joked.

"Alex, we are not naming our son after a footballer." I replied stubbornly.

"No, you know which footballer we could name him after?" He said, ignoring what I'd just said.

I sighed. I did not have the energy for this today. "Who?"

"Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain." He replied and I laughed.

"I've heard he's good too." He continued, smirking. I shook my head at my idiot of a husband, trying to stifle a grin.

"How about this? Alexinho Oxlade-Chamberlain? Huh? Sounds good right?" He joked, his smile as wide as an ocean.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"Hey, on a serious level, I've got an idea about the baby's name" He said seriously.

"What is it?" I asked.

Alex smiled sweetly and told me his idea. As soon as he'd suggested it, I was on board - no persuasion needed.

"I love it. That's really sweet." I agreed.

"Glad you like it. So I've chosen one name, you get the other." He said.

"No that's not fair, first names more important than the middle." I complained.

"How about two middle names then? So he can match his dad and brother?" Alex suggested.