Forty.

Jordie's POV:

"You ready?"

Alex and I were in the car, parked on the side of a desolate street. Not so coincidentally, it was the same street that I'd walked down weeks ago when I'd escaped to Liverpool and had got lost. Of course, on that day, I'd been helped home by a lovely girl in a fish and chip shop - the fish and chip shop that was on that road. I'd made sure to note down her contact details at the time and pass them over to Alex.

The plan was now to ambush her and thank her for her unnecessary kindness. Alex had prepared a few things to give to her as well as the money for the taxi, which, at the time, I'd promised I'd repay her. He'd also got LFC TV involved. They'd contacted the manager of the shop, who'd given them the woman's shift times, so we knew when to go. They'd also sent out a small camera crew to film the event and they sat in the car behind us, planning to record for a bit before following Alex to Liverpool training.

"Yup." I replied, opening my door to the car. I jumped out onto the pavement and dusted down my jumper. Pulling the drawstrings tight, I sauntered into the shop. 

The woman was the only person in there and, at that moment in time, she was on the floor, cleaning some surfaces. She didn't seem as though she was expecting any customers and I had to clear my throat to make her aware of my presence.

"Hi, the lunchtime shift has just ended and we're actually just closing. You can come back at 5." She said, not looking up from her cleaning.

"Oh, sorry." I replied, but stayed where I was. Sensing that I hadn't left, the woman sighed a little and began to stand up. 

"It's too late. I can't- oh my god, I recognise you!" She began seriously, before exclaiming when she saw me. I smiled but said nothing.

"You're the boy that got lost and came here. I saw you in the papers too." She stuttered, her eyes wide in disbelief. To be honest, I was surprised her memory was that good.

"Yeah." I said.

"You're the Ox's son aren't you?" She asked, though she already knew the answer.

"Uh huh." I grinned.

"What are you doing back here?" She asked in a friendly tone.

"Well, I never managed to thank you for getting me that Uber." I explained.

 "It was no problem." She smiled.

"It really helped me out though, and I said I would thank you for it." I continued.

"Honestly, you don't have to." She protested.

"Trust, I want to." I said.

"Okay. Oh my god, I can't believe Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's son is here!" She exclaimed in excitement, almost against her own will.

"Are you a big Liverpool fan?" I asked.

"Yes, yes, I love your dad. Ever since that champions league banger, he's been like my favourite player. If I could marry him I would."

"Unfortunately, he's already married." I joked.

"Haha, yeah I know." She laughed. "Perrie Edwards from Little Mix."

"That's the one."

"You don't know how many people I told when your dad posted that picture of you. I said to everyone that Alex Oxlade Chamberlain's son came into here and none of them believed me."

"Well I'm sure they'll believe you now." 

She furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?" In response, I walked over to the door and pulled it slightly ajar, waving to the car outside.