My Roommate Max... A Max Schneider Fan Fiction

Prologue: Introductions Are In Order

Getting accepted into Juliard School of Art was always a dream of mine... Since I'd been nine and knew what it was, I've wanted to go there. Ballet was always important to me, and even at the mere age of six I was doing things most upper classman couldn't do. It all just came so naturally. It came as natural as my ability to sing, or my love of music. Easy as breathing.

So my senior year, when I got that acceptance letter with a full ride scholarship, I was beyond ecstatic. I walked around with a huge smile on my face for the next week, laughing at the slightest thing. Such an amazing thing, this small town girl was chasing her dreams... a true success story they called it. All I knew? I was getting out of this town, all these memories, leaving for good hopefully. Moving on to bigger and better things in my life, making a name for myself. My mom was less than happy about me leaving our small place in Kentucky to move up to New York. But did I care? NOPE! I wasn't going to live the rest of my life in that dinky town... Not in a million years.

Full ride scholarship was pretty amazing and rare for a big school like Juliard. So of course my fairytale had to have a catch... I had to find a place to stay off campus.

It didn't bother me, not at all. I just had to find a place. And, as luck would have it, my aunt who lived in New York was renting out a place to another college kid, who was in need of a roommate to share the place with. Eager to start my schooling, I accepted the offer with no questions asked...

A decision that, if weighed more carefully, would not have come out to the same outcome. But, I was 19, eager, and stupid... So off to New York I went, to pursue my dream.

* * * * *

I grabbed my bags off the carosel, beginning to make my way to the front of the airport. My flight had been a few hours, and I was ready to get to my new place and get settled. I looked down to my feet as I walked, pulling my suitcase behind me. I was suffering from some serious jet lag, I realized, as I stared at a sign for a good five minutes before processing what it said. I almost publicly facepalmed myself. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at myself, walking in the correct direction.

I stood in a small area they had set off for people waiting to get picked up. I leaned against the glass windows, looking down the drive for my aunt's car. She was picking me up and taking me straight to the house, which I was happy to hear. I still had a month before school actually starts, but I had wanted to get down here this early to get used to New York, and my new roommate for that matter.

My roommate... I wonder what she's like? My mind ran wild with who I could possibly be living with for the next few years. I wonder if she was cool? Or if she was a nerd? Was she pretty? Or was she really ugly? It'll be nice at least know one person going to Juliard... I wonder if she was older than me? Nobody had every really liked me back home, just a few select people. So I was excited to meet someone who hadn't heard all the rumors, who didn't think they knew me based off a few whispered words... A fresh start.

I silenced my babbling mind as I saw my aunt's car come into view. I smiled, seeing her wave excidedly at me. I grabbed my suitcase and stepped out into the hot New York summer air. A gust of wind blew my long, dark brown curls all around my face. I smiled at the small sensation, making my way towards the car.

"Blakely!" My aunt greeted me happliy as I threw my bags in the backseat. I smiled at her, opening the passenger side door. I was immedietly attacked with a hug, making me laugh. Aunt Suzanna was always the spunky, hugging type.

"Hi aunt Suzanna," I told her happily, pulling away so I could buckle my seatbelt. She beamed at me as she pulled around all the cars, driving towards the street.