Chapter Seven: What I Love

~ Its hard enough, to find someone to trust... It's easier to live life scared to love ~

Chapter Seven: What I Love

I slowly opened my eyes, finding myself still in the living room. There was a steady rise and fall under my head, and a soft beating noise under my ear. It took me a moment to realize I was laying on Max's strong chest. I was a little confused, considering I'd fallen asleep against his side.

I just laid there for a few minutes, loving the sounds of his steady breathing and his beating heart under my head. His hand was around my waist, his body laying totally flat on the pallet with my head on his chest. I softly smiled a little, before slowly peeling his arm away and sitting up. I watched him as he softly snored, his face looking about five years younger when he slept.

I was smiling again as I pushed myself up off the floor. I carefully picked my way around Max's sleeping figure, slowly pulling myself up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed Max's hoodie, pulling it on as I trotted back downstairs. It's freezing, I thought, walking behind the couch to get to the kitchen.

The microwave clock told me it was a little after seven. I rolled my eyes at my internal clock, trying to figure out what the hell I was doing up so early. I stifled a yawn as I reached for the bread on the counter, popping two pieces in the toaster. While they toasted, I pulled a jar of peanut butter out of the cabinet. I opened it, grabbing a spoon and a butter knife out of a drawer. I scooped peanut butter onto my spoon, eating it off as my toast popped. I took it out of the toaster and used to butter knife to spread peanut butter on each slice.

I stood at the counter as I ate, honestly too lazy to carry my plate over to the table. I sighed. It really was too early to be up. I was debating on going back in the living room and laying back down with Max, when I felt a pair of strong arms slip around my waist. I gasped, the sudden presence scaring me.

"Sorry," Max said, holding me tight. I let out a deep breath, nodding my head.

"Its alright," I said, reaching my right hand up and around his neck. He gave a content sigh, putting his face in my neck. His breathing slowed, to about the same pace it had been when he was sleeping. I knew he was tired... He should've gone back to bed.

"Baby go back to sleep," I said softly, my hand over his on my waist. I felt him shake his head, softly kissing my neck.

"Not alone," he mumbled, sounding more and more like a little boy. I smiled a little bit, turning in his arms and laying my head on his chest.

"Are you gonna come with me?" he asked, his voice muffled by my hair. I tried to suppress my grin, but I couldn't. I smiled like a fool, thankful my face was hidden in his chest.

"Do you want me too?" I countered, looking up at him. He scowled a little bit, his eyes tired and his hair tousled from sleep.

"That was a dumb question," he whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead. I breathed out a laugh, nodding as I started to pull away. He laced his fingers through mine, letting me pull him back into the living room so he could lay down. He had to be exhausted, and I was too.

He laid down and I sat next to him, his head resting against my leg. He sighed, looking up at me.

"I meant lay down with me," he said, reaching up and running his finger along my collar bone. I smiled a little, my thoughts becoming fuzzy at the thought of sleep. I slowly sank down next to him, his hand resting on my stomach. He laid on his side, facing me while I laid flat on my back.

"You know what?" he said softly, propping himself up on his elbow. He was barely awake, his eyes fluttering closed. I gave a small laugh, a little amused at how vulnerable he was when he was tired. I ran my fingers through his hair, fixing it slightly. I don't know why, it didn't much matter; he was going back to sleep anyway.