Chapter Seventeen: Travel Companion

~ I'm not stressin' in no more, party party here we go :) ~

Chapter Seventeen: Travel Companion

"Elizabeth," I fired.

"Your fifteen year old younger sister. Long blonde hair. If she likes me and approves, she'll ask me to call her Lizzy. If not, I call her Elizabeth," Max answered effortlessly.

"Ali?" I questioned.

"Your nineteen year old best friend after everything happened. Red headed. We may or may not get to see her, but you want me to know just in case."

I smiled, kissing his cheek. "Dustin," I tried.

"Twenty-three year old older brother. Huge. Very protective of you. He's likely to drill me and ask a lot of questions. I should answer honestly and politely, and I'm never to get frustrated with him."

"You're good at this," I laughed. We were laying around in his room Wednesday night, the night before we were leaving. For the record, learning about my family was his idea. I told him he would be okay if he showed up and knew nothing. But he insisted, saying he wanted to hear about them anyway. So here I was, quizzing him over the important people. My head was laid on his shoulder, both of his arms around me in a sideways hug as we sat up against his headboard.

"Keep going, love," he encouraged, a smile in his voice. I laid my hand across his bare abdomen, thinking.

"Leah?" I said. He laughed, his body rumbling.

"Ms.Taylor," he corrected me. "Unless instructed otherwise. Your mom, mother of three, photographer. She thinks I'm good for her daughter," he teased, referring to when she'd called last night. I rolled my eyes lovingly, nudging him with my elbow. I decided to have fun with my next person.

"Blakely," I said, my face straight as I told him my own name. He let out a small laugh, playing along as he spoke.

"Nineteen," he began. "Beautiful in every way. Blue eyes, long brown curls, petite. Gorgeous laugh, amazing smile. Subtle southern twang in her voice. Adorable when she blushes," he said poking my reddening cheeks.

"Dancer," he continued. "Ballet, mostly. Favorite color is blue, favorite food is French fries. Taken," he said the last part with a very adorable grin on his face.

"And I am totally," he began, softer as he leaned closer. "Undeniably, completely, very happily, with every part of my being, in love with her," he finished, pressing his lips against mine in a soft kiss. The kiss deepened, his tongue running over my bottom lip as a request for entrance. I happily granted, pulling him closer. I ran my finger along his collar bone, feeling him give his shudder. He moaned softly, and I bit back a smirk.

He retaliated by slipping his hand up the back of my shirt, rubbing small circles there as we kissed. I gave a small moan, and he made no attempt to suppress his smile. He was supporting almost all of my weight, his body leaned over mine. I tangled my fingers in his curls, his hand pressing my body against his.

"We should pack," I said, only pulling away for an instant before he kissed me again. I could feel myself begin to lose my hold on reality, his lips soft against mine.

"Or we could wait until tomorrow," he told me. I didn't have time to respond before I pulled him back, kissing him again. I nodded a little, giggling as he pulled away to breathe. I smiled, cupping his face in my hand.

"Yeah," I said softly. "Let's wait."

* * * * *

I sighed, unplugging my flat iron the next morning. I threw it into my suitcase, checking the time on my phone. It was almost nine, our flight left at ten-thirty. I was making great time. I turned back to my makeup bag, moving my hair from my neck to fix my last problem spot.