Chapter Forty-Five: The Gift of Giving

~ It's you and me... Moving at the speed of light, into eternity ~

Chapter Forty-Five: The Gift of Giving

"C'mon beautiful."

"Max, I have to get at least half of this done."

"No you don't; it's Christmas Eve, gorgeous. Your dance theory paper can wait."

"Baby-"

"Don't 'baby' me. Just get your cute little ass out in the living room, now."

I raised my eyebrows, looking up and meeting the soft brown eyes that never failed to wake the butterflies in my stomach. Max raised his eyebrows right back, watching as I laughed slightly, pulling the right earbud out of my ear so I could hear him better. I returned my gaze back to my laptop, my fingers making familiar strokes across the keyboard as whatever song iTunes played blasted in my ear. Max frowned, looking down at me where I was sitting on the couch in the lounge, my computer in my lap.

Max sighed, leaning down at eye level with me. I met his stare, seeing the challenge in his eyes, seeing his unspoken dare. He reached forward and pulled my other earbud out, gently pushing my bangs from my face. I smiled, tilting my head slightly.

"C'mon, love..." he whispered. I shook my head, gesturing at my laptop. He frowned, cupping my face as he came closer. He laid soft kisses along my jawline, slowly trailing up. I bit my cheek, forcing my breathing to be even as he gently nibbled on the top of my ear, his other hand moving to my neck.

"Blakely..." he murmured. "Christmas Eve. Come spend time with your family... And your loving boyfriend, who wants nothing more than for his girlfriend to come sit in his lap and enjoy herself on the night before Christmas."

He pulled away slightly, his eyes asking me. He slowly leaned forward, touching his lips to mine in a sweet kiss, killing my ability to respond. My mind immediately fogged and clouded, making it impossible to create coherent thoughts against the feeling growing inside me. I felt Max slowly close my laptop, lifting it from my lap as he sat down beside me, the couch shifting under his weight. His hand on my neck slowly left, reappearing moments later as it ran down my leg, his touch causing chills. I deepened the kiss, my hand finding his side and gripping his shirt as he pulled me closer.

"So does this mean you'll put your paper off a little while longer?" he asked against my lips, slowly kissing me again. I couldn't do any more than nod my head slightly, pulling him closer. I felt his hand slip under my shirt and hoodie onto my side, his fingers gently running along my skin. I let out a quiet moan, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Stifle that moan, pretty girl," he whispered, pulling away for an instant. "You're brother would kill me," he pointed out, leaning me back and supporting my weight as he kissed me again. Easier said than done, I thought, restraining my fingers as they played with the bottom of his shirt.

"I wouldn't have to stifle my moans if you'd stop causing them," I responded, kissing him again. He chuckled against my lips, his hand running across my back and pressing my body to his.

"I wouldn't have had to do this in the first place if you'd put your laptop up and come with me when I'd asked," he told me, laying my body on the couch. His hand ran down my side, causing a shiver to run through me as he leaned over me and kissed me again. My hand found his waist, my fingers on the lining of his jeans.

"We need to stop before we get any farther," I heard myself say. He nodded, although neither of us made any move to stop. He kissed me again, softer this time, his hand on my waist. He slowly shifted me, moving so that I was laying on top of him, the kiss never breaking as he moved us.