Chapter Ten: Cramping

~ What if I lied, told you pigs could fly? Would you believe me, or would you laugh? ~

Chapter Ten: Cramping

"Great," I muttered, gritting my teeth as a cramp pushed at my stomach. I wasn't supposed to start for another two days... I let out a small whimper as another bad cramp hit me. I'd always had bad period symptoms, and the cramps were always the most severe.

I looked up at Max, who was peacefully sleeping. His arms were still around my waist, holding me to him. Our legs were all tangled together, and my sheets and blanket smelled like him. I sighed, resting my forehead on his bare chest and focusing on the sound of his slow, steady breathing. It gave me comfort, and I pushed myself closer as if doing so would push away the pains in my stomach. No such luck though, and I eventually had to separate myself from him to escape to the bathroom.

After I was done, I pulled open my medicine cabinet, searching for my Pamprin. I took in a sharp breath, bracing myself against my vanity as I got another cramp. I put my hand over my stomach, willing the pain to go away. I cursed a little, realizing I didn't have any Pamprin.

Once I was able to walk again, I slowly stepped out of the bathroom. I ran my hand through my hair, leaning against the wall as I watched Max sleep. It was almost noon, we'd slept away the entire day it seemed. He positioned his body as if I was still sleeping next to him, his arms splayed to the side of him. I smiled a little, taking a pill bottle from my bedside. I took two Advil, hoping that would at least dull the severity of the stomach pains.

I stiffled a yawn, slowly peeling off my hoodie. I let it fall to the floor next to my bed as I fixed my shirt underneath it, pulling it straight as I walked back over to my side of the bed. I slowly gave into the tired feeling, climbing under the covers and settling against Max. He awoke slightly, nuzzling me closer to him. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, kissing his bare shoulder.

"Hey beautiful," he said sleepily, his eyes still closed. I smiled a little, his hand rubbing circles in my back. He pressed his lips to my temple, pulling the blanket over us.

"What time is it?" he asked quietly, settling my body against him. I shook my head, putting my palms on his chest. I felt goosebumps form under my hands, and he tangled his legs with mine.

"Doesn't matter," I told him. "Your tired and I'm tired, so why don't we just go back to bed?" I asked, closing my eyes.

He laughed a little, nodding his head. I ignored a cramp as I listened to Max's breathing get slower and even out. He stopped rubbing my back as he fell asleep.

And soon, I did too.

* * * * *

"Baby?" I called to Max in the kitchen. He looked up at me, seeing me leaning on the wall. He was still wearing sweatpants, but had thrown on an old shirt. I put my hand on my stomach, biting back a whimper as I got another cramp. He smiled, running over to me and wrapping me in a hug. I giggled a little, stumbling back with his weight. He kissed me, supporting most of my weight.

"Hi," he said cutely, smiling an adorable smile at me. I grinned, my hands on his neck. He pressed his forehead to mine, staring down at me with his warm brown eyes.

I laughed. "Hey baby," I said. He put his hand on my face, an adoring look aimed at me that made my stomach flip... And then cramp. My grip on him got tighter as the sharp pains exploded in my stomach. I whimpered, biting my lip. His eyes got suddenly concerned, his hand on my back.

"Whoa," he said, holding me steady. "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath. "Can you take me to the store?" I asked, holding onto his shoulder. I really needed those friggin' pills. He furrowed his eyebrows, putting his hand over my stomach.