Chapter 4 Just a bad day.

This chapter has some strong language. Just a warning. 

Kassidy POV

I knew when I opened my eyes that something was wrong. It was entirely too bright in the room for 6AM. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked at the clock and realized that it was definitely not 6AM. It was 8.

"FUCK!" I yelled. I slept through the alarm. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I had no time to shower. I quickly brushed my teeth and threw my messy curls up into a ponytail. I groaned in disgust at my face. I had no time for make up either. I ran back into the room and pulled the closet open grabbing my school uniform putting it on as quick as I could before slipping on my boots and running down the stairs slipping on the third step to the bottom falling and totally eating the hardwood floor.

"Damn it! DAD Why didn't you wake me up?!" I yelled as I stood up brushing myself off and wiping the little bit of blood from my lip. There was no response.

"Dad?" I asked and walked into the kitchen to grab my backpack. Beside my backpack was a note.

"Sorry, Kassi, Got called in early. Have a good day at school heres some money for lunch."

"That fucking figures." I grumbled and shoved the money he left taped to the note into my backpack. before throwing it over my shoulder and running out the door.

I opened the door to Mr. Whales Biology classroom instantly drawing attention from Mr. Whale's lecture, to myself. Ruby looked over at me and gave me a "Where the hell have you been?" look.

"Well. Look what the cat dragged in." Mr. Whale said. the table of stereotypical mean girls erupted in laughter. I shot them a glare and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm late.. I jus-" I started to say but he put a hand up to silence me.

"Just find your seat." He said. I sighed and took my seat at the table next to Ruby.

"You look like hell." Ruby whispered.

"Gee. Thanks." I muttered. Mr. Whale walked to the table and slid a worksheet at Me.

"Do you have your homework from last night?" He asked.

"Uh.. Yeah. Just a sec." I said and opened my backpack rummaging through it. I pulled out a folder and flipped through it.

Where the hell is my Biology homework?  I thought to myself and turned and looked at him.

"I swear. I did it. I just don't have it." I said.

"Did your dog eat it?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I Don't have a dog. I'm not lying. I did it. I just.. I think I left it home."

"The thing about Homework Miss Cole, is you are supposed to bring it back." He said folding his arms across his chest. "Bring it tomorrow, I'll give you half the credit." He said and walked back to the front of the class. I sighed and put my head in my hands. This day could go straight to hell.

I made my way to history class. Thankfully, I had history paper with me at least. That might be one good thing today at least. I walked down the hall checking my phone.

Dad:

Sorry I had to leave so early. Hope you made it to school okay.

Me:

I slept past my alarm, and left my biology homework on the table. But thanks.

Dad: